Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not install on Acer DA220HQL

Hello, I've purchased an Acer DA220HQL recently and, though beeing very satisfied with the unit, can not install Spotify via the Play store. Spotify is not even mentioned in my view on the store. When accessing Spotify the store via chrome, the Play ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I've purchased an Acer DA220HQL recently and, though beeing very satisfied with the unit, can not install Spotify via the Play store. Spotify is not even mentioned in my view on the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify taking up memory on my phones storage card

I dwonloaded spotify, the main app was ok about 15mb, but then I noticed spotify was using 9mb on my storage and then when I added tracks to a playlist via my desktop computer , the amount of storage spotify was using on my phone went up, is this rig...

• Roadie
  • I dwonloaded spotify, the main app was ok about 15mb, but then I noticed spotify was using 9mb on my storage and then when I added tracks to a playlist via my desktop computer , the amount of storage...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has made playing music almost impossible - so why pay for it?

So I got a 3 month premium trial from Virgin Media. Happy days. I downloaded the app, logged in, did a search for a track, selected it and... where's the "Play" button? Okay, so maybe its a bug in the app. So I loaded the browser version, logged in, ...

• So I  got a 3 month premium trial from Virgin Media. Happy days. I downloaded the app, logged in, did a search for a track, selected it and... where's the "Play" button?   Okay, so mayb...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Low, painful stuttering tone in bewteen songs

Hi there, Lately as I play music while sweeping away at my custodial job I have been encountering a problem when loading songs. I am experience a low, stuttering noise that is painful to the ear. So painful, in fact, that I have ripped my headphones ...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, Lately as I play music while sweeping away at my custodial job I have been encountering a problem when loading songs. I am experience a low, stuttering noise that is painful to the ear....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Errore clamoroso

carissimi, l'errore clamoroso del vostro staff riguarda l'artista Will Johnson. Quello che voi riportate come componente del supergruppo Jay Farrar .... etc. con il cd New Multitudes non lo è assolutamente. Il Will Johnson di New Multitudes è il lead...

• carissimi, l'errore clamoroso del vostro staff riguarda l'artista Will Johnson. Quello che voi riportate come componente del supergruppo Jay Farrar .... etc. con il cd New Multitudes non lo è assolut...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Installation problem

Hi, I am trying to help my retired neighbour with his phone. Due to service the phone is missing some of the apps he used to have and he does at the moment not have his account-info for google, i.e. no access to google market. I thought that it was p...

• Hi,   I am trying to help my retired neighbour with his phone. Due to service the phone is missing some of the apps he used to have and he does at the moment not have his account-info for go...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont download

I recently recieved my replacement phone from T Mobile. HTC One S. Im guessing the play store is down, I cant get into it to download Spotify. When I google it, it just says its alrady installed. Help!!

• I recently recieved my replacement phone from T Mobile. HTC One S. Im guessing the play store is down, I cant get into it to download Spotify. When I google it, it just says its alrady installed. Hel...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

access to offline playlists

If I download playlists for offline access from one account to my Android device are they then available if I'm logged in on a different Spotify account on the same device?

• Casual Listener
  • If I download playlists for offline access from one account to my Android device are they then available if I'm logged in on a different Spotify account on the same device?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't enter last.fm credentials

Hi, I'm using the Spotify app (version 0.6.0.17) on a Nexus 7 and it won't let me enter my last.fm credentials. Nothing shows up when I try to type in the fields - when I select a field the keyboard pops up with a "done" button but then a second late...

• Hi,   I'm using the Spotify app (version 0.6.0.17) on a Nexus 7 and it won't let me enter my last.fm credentials. Nothing shows up when I try to type in the fields - when I select a field th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! All music clips like a vinyl record would jump making Spotify unusable..

Description When playing any music via Spotify whether I'm online or offline the tracks skip/jump as though I am listening to a vinyl record that is scratched What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? Has been happening for the last few ...

• Music Fan
  •   Description When playing any music via Spotify whether I'm online or offline the tracks skip/jump as though I am listening to a vinyl record that is scratched   What are the steps...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Alternative App Store

Is the Spotify Android App available from an app store other than Google Play? I live in China and have a Galaxy S3, which blocks Google Play even with a vpn. I am able to download apps from my US Amazon Android App Store account, but I do not see th...

• Casual Listener
  • Is the Spotify Android App available from an app store other than Google Play?  I live in China and have a Galaxy S3, which blocks Google Play even with a vpn.  I am able to download apps f...
  • GordonH
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

organize your offline playlists

Hi I want to write an android app which has access to your downloaded playlists and organize the songs in these playlists by album or artist. Is there already something like that or if I'm successful is it legal to upload it to the play store? I don'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I want to write an android app which has access to your downloaded playlists and organize the songs in these playlists by album or artist. Is there already something like that or if I'm successful...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    copyright
    organization
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Grey Playlists Offline?

Hi, When i go offline on the spotify android app why do the folders in the playlists go to a light grey colour as if they have been disabled even though all the albums in the playlists have been downloaded. Also even though the list looks grey and 't...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   When i go offline on the spotify android app why do the folders in the playlists go to a light grey colour as if they have been disabled even though all the albums in the playlists hav...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Synchronisation

Hello, I have the problem that my Spotify playlist are not synchronising on my andriod app. I tried to log out and log out many times, but it's not downloading all songs of the playlists. Any ideas?

• Hello,   I have the problem that my Spotify playlist are not synchronising on my andriod app. I tried to log out and log out many times, but it's not downloading all songs of the playlist...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops music when I add the current song to a playlist

HiI have a problem with Spotify app for Android. If I try to add the song that is being played to another playlist then Spotify stops the music. But it's not a simple pause, it's like a crash, because the buttons doesn't work properly at this moment ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi I have a problem with Spotify app for Android. If I try to add the song that is being played to another playlist then Spotify stops the music. But it's not a simple pause, it's like a crash, b...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Browse Option

I have not received the new Browse option and just wondering how many people have? i have not received it on the web player or my android player. I have two devices and neither one has received it. Any way to manually update this? I have been waiting...

• Casual Listener
  • I have not received the new Browse option and just wondering how many people have?  i have not received it on the web player or my android player.  I have two devices and neither one has re...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

No spotifyapp abroad?

Hi all, I just recently moved to India and before coming here i bought Spotify premium so I could listen to music. Although I didnt think of downloading the app to my phone while I was back home, and now when I am here, I just cant find the spotify a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I just recently moved to India and before coming here i bought Spotify premium so I could listen to music. Although I didnt think of downloading the app to my phone while I was back home, and...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Part of offline playlist turn to gray

Hi, Hope this point was not previously repsond before. I've cherched but find nothing accurrate. Here is my configuration : - Spotify premium. - My music is on a Sharecenter NAS. - I managed playlist from my PC, link to the NAS by network cable. - I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    Hope this point was not previously repsond before. I've cherched but find nothing accurrate.   Here is my configuration : - Spotify premium. - My music is on a Share...
  • ypoisson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist empty on android app

Since last update my starred playlist is empty on android app ?? Other playlists are OK.

• Visitor
  • Since last update my starred playlist is empty on android app ?? Other playlists are OK.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify goes online on its own

Even though I constantly put spotify on offline mode (for etc while I work, or go to sleep), it is on online mode the next time I put the app on again. It is eating up all my internet data every month! And that is such a bother. Anybody with the same...

• Casual Listener
  • Even though I constantly put spotify on offline mode (for etc while I work, or go to sleep), it is on online mode the next time I put the app on again. It is eating up all my internet data every mont...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes