Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

synchronization problem htc tatto

Hello, Since a few days, I can't listen the music that I synchronized on my mobile.Also, from time to time, when launching the app, I get a pop up telling me that my 30 trial days have expired (I am a premium member). On top of that, I can synchroniz...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Since a few days, I can't listen the music that I synchronized on my mobile. Also, from time to time, when launching the app, I get a pop up telling me that my 30 trial days have exp...
  • charlo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium help!

I just upgraded to premium so I can use spotify on my phone, and on the computer it shows that I am a premium user....my phone says that I need to upgrade to premium???!!! Help .

• Regular
  • I just upgraded to premium so I can use spotify on my phone, and on the computer it shows that I am a premium user....my phone says that I need to upgrade to premium???!!!  Help  . 
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crashing on HTC Desire Z

I have just upgraded to spotify premium and downloaded the spotify app to my HTC Desire Z. However when tapping on the icon I get just a black screen and then it crashes back to homescreen. I have tried reinstalling.Any suggestions? It's disappointin...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just upgraded to spotify premium and downloaded the spotify app to my HTC Desire Z. However when tapping on the icon I get just a black screen and then it crashes back to homescreen. I have tr...
  • nickc01
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming on HTC Desire

Hi - the streaming quality on my mobil phone (HTC Desire) is dubious. There are many fall outs on my daily trip from the suburbs of Copenhagen to the City Centre, and Spotify goes offline. Wheen using another similar service (TDC Play) the problem do...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - the streaming quality on my mobil phone (HTC Desire) is dubious. There are many fall outs on my daily trip from the suburbs of Copenhagen to the City Centre, and Spotify goes offline. Wheen usin...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

using Spotify unlimited on an android device

I have a wifi only (no 3g) android device that i want to use in the home with with spotify and airport connected speakers. Whenever I load spotify ( I have unlimited) it tells me i need premium. given the device has the same access & portability as a...

• I have a wifi only (no 3g)  android device that i want to use in the home with with spotify and airport connected speakers. Whenever I load spotify  ( I have unlimited) it tells me i need p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

I synced some music tracks to my android cell phone & the first two days my music played great. Now I can not get spotify to play any of the music I synced to my cell phone. How can I fix this!?

• I synced some music tracks to my android cell phone & the first two days my music played great. Now I can not get spotify to play any of the music I synced to my cell phone. How can I f...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Worst things about Spotify on Android

1. Randomly adds duplicate files when the Windows application detects new music, how is there not a "show duplicates" for the desktop application? 2. STOP SHOWING RINGTONES ON MY LOCAL MUSIC LIST. Allow the option to specify locations on your device ...

• Not applicable
  • 1. Randomly adds duplicate files when the Windows application detects new music, how is there not a "show duplicates" for the desktop application?   2. STOP SHOWING RINGTONES ON MY LOCAL MUSIC...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify OS of Music?!

I just read this , and then I read the comments.. with that many people outside of this community complaining, you would think they would get their act worked out. NO http://gizmodo.com/5891186/spotify-we-want-to-be-the-os-of-music

• Gig Goer
  • I just read this , and then I read the comments..   with that many people outside of this community complaining, you would think they would get their act worked out.   NO   http:...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Får inte spotify att fungera i min mobil

Jag behöver hjälp, jag får inte spotify att fungera i min samsung galaxy mini, jag kan ladda hem appen spotify och logga in på min användare men det går inte att spela låtar eller fixa offline listor. Jag har haft en HTC Wildfire tidigare och då fung...

• Jag behöver hjälp, jag får inte spotify att fungera i min samsung galaxy mini, jag kan ladda hem appen spotify och logga in på min användare men det går inte att spela låtar eller fixa offline listor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android Mobile App doesn't work in online mode

I've asked for "customer support" to help me with this. They have responded that they cannot offer any troubleshooting, because my device is not supported. The app crashes every time I put it into online mode. It works in offline mode. Online, it wor...

• Gig Goer
  • I've asked for "customer support" to help me with this. They have responded that they cannot offer any troubleshooting, because my device is not supported.   The app crashes every time I put i...
  • NicolaiTaz
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! choose location for spotify offline files

Hello! I have an Motorola Razr with 8 gig internal memory availible for spotity and a memory card. is there an option to choose where to put the offline files? I rather have them om the memory card since it's bigger.

• Hello! I have an Motorola Razr with 8 gig internal memory availible for spotity and a memory card. is there an option to choose where to put the offline files? I rather have them om the memory card s...
  • Hestbank
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Will Spotify support ICS/Tablets or go to Rdio?

Does anyone know if Spotify is aware of Android, ICS, or tablets? Or should I just go ahead and switch to Rdio?

• Does anyone know if Spotify is aware of Android, ICS, or tablets?    Or should I just go ahead and switch to Rdio?
  • tradguy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Streaming only available to Premium subscribers......but i am one??

I assume I am just doing something pretty dumb, but I can't figure this out.Any help please. Synced all my songs on my phone, I see the same exact songs on phone and PC. I click on a song to play and it says "Streaming is only available to Premium su...

• Casual Listener
  • I assume I am just doing something pretty dumb, but I can't figure this out. Any help please.   Synced all my songs on my phone, I see the same exact songs on phone and PC.   I click o...
  • Mayhildehansen
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S II

The official update of the Galaxy S II to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is due this weekend! From Samsung's FAQ: (3) Application compatibilityIn ICS OS, few applications downloaded from Android market or other will not work because they are not opti...

• Community Legend
  • The official update of the Galaxy S II to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is due this weekend! From Samsung's FAQ:   (3)   Application compatibility In ICS OS, few applica...
  • BioZvin
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

My device goes offline after a few seconds

I have a Asus transformer and an Huawei U 8800. Same problem with both. After some seconds online after logging on they go to offline and I'm not able to sync offline files.

• I have a Asus transformer and an Huawei U 8800. Same problem with both. After some seconds online after logging on they go to offline and I'm not able to sync offline files.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

For the love of all that's decent...

I have been a paying customer of spotify since it came out of beta, and I absolutely love it... with one caveat... there needs to be a serious revamp of the UI ... we need a useable landscape mode, this program is a road hazzard, as I use it in my ca...

• I have been a paying customer of spotify since it came out of beta, and I absolutely love it... with one caveat...  there needs to be a serious revamp of the UI ... we need a useable landscap...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

interruptions on Galaxy3

I have interruptions on playing music in Spotify. It has nothing to do with broadband width, since it appears also on local mp3s. If I'm playing the mp3 in Winamp I have no such interruptions though. Does anybody have the same problem?Can anyone help...

• I have interruptions on playing music in Spotify. It has nothing to do with broadband width,  since it appears also on local mp3s. If I'm playing the mp3 in Winamp I have no such interruptions t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Another user has put Spotify offline. Help!

Hi, I am using Spotify on my galaxy S2 on a month's free trial . Whenever I put the app offline it works fine for about 4-5 hours. However if I leave it longer than this and try to open the app I get the message "Another user has put Spotify offline....

• Regular
  • Hi, I am using Spotify on my galaxy S2 on a month's free trial . Whenever I put the app offline it works fine for about 4-5 hours. However if I leave it longer than this and try to open the app I get...
  • ralph
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can play songs on my computer but not the phone!

Can play songs on my computer but not the phone (For exemple JohnLennon's Imagine) I have spotify premium and Samsung galaxy S2.Does anyone know why??

• Can play  songs on my computer but not the phone   ( For   exemple   John Lennon's   Imagine )   I have spotify premium and Samsung galaxy S2. Does a...
  • ameermz
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local tracks to android.

FAQ says: You can use Spotify to sync your own local files to the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device.Make a playlist on your computer containing music from your Local music filesConnect your computer and phone to the same WiFi networkOpen Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • FAQ says:   You can use Spotify to sync your own local files to the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device. Make a playlist on your computer containing music from your Local music files ...
  • Boj61
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes