Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with android 4.4 on samsung galaxy s2

Solved!

Problems with android 4.4 on samsung galaxy s2

Hi,

I have a samsung galaxy s2 with android 4.4.4 (cyanogenmod 11) and the latest version of spotify (1.1.2.453). After putting my music in offline mode, spotify does not work. It stays with the screen in black. With old versions of cyanogenmod Android 4.2 and 4.3 it worked fine

greetings

Screenshot_2014-07-18-10-08-14.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Maybe check in the CM forum to see if this is an issue they're aware of in that case. Spotify works fine with stock android 4.4.4 it sound like a problem with CM.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Does this happen all the time or just occasionally? Does force stopping then relaunching spotify work? If not, please try reinstalling - make sure that the folders  \android\data\com.spotify.music and \android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui  are deleted, if they exist.

It always occurs. I've already done what you say, and nothing.

Marked as solution

Maybe check in the CM forum to see if this is an issue they're aware of in that case. Spotify works fine with stock android 4.4.4 it sound like a problem with CM.

I have exactly the same issue.

If you have any solution.

Thx

My version 1.2.0.534

I had epic launcher, so I left only with trebuchet and seems to work

I habe exact the same issue. I'm NOT using the epic launcher. I have no other Launcher installed.

While dowloading, after 10-20  Tracks, the Spotify App hangs. I must restart the Phone.

I have also an Galaxy S2 with Cynaogenmod Snapshot M9 with an 32GB Class6 SD-Card.

I have de-installed the Spotify-App, delete the Spotify-Directories on internal and ext. SD-Card an reinstalled the App, always the same Issue.

Do you any Ideas what i can do to resolve this problem?

regards PiBo

Hi, a few Samsung phones seem to be having issues at the moment, especially those running Custom Roms. It may be worth trying a stock based Rom and see if it's working OK.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi, i think the problem was the SD-Card. I have tried a new 64GB SanDisk Class10 Card. At the Moment Spotify synced Track 289 of 1200 without any Problems! 

The old SD-Card is a 32GB-Class6 NoName

Hi,

Did anyone have any luck finding a solution or reason for this problem?

Since the automatic incremental update of CyanogenMod I have the same problem. Even did factory reset, cleared the cache and removed the SD. Even went back to stock ROM and all the way to a clean and fresh CM11 with spotify as the only app installed, but as soon as I started downloading some playlists and wanted to listen to some songs spotify froze.

Any ideas or links, please let me know.

Thanks

S

Hi,

as this seems more a ROM issue rather than SPotify you'll robably get a better response in the Cyanogenmod forums:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/

Sorry, but the guys over there would be best able to deal with your queries,

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts