Country

Israel

Device

Oneplus 9

Spotify version

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

In certain states(reproduction below) - the queue button becomes unclickable so the queue can't be observed or manipulated (apart from adding songs to queue).

Reproduction (on my android 12, spotify version 8.7.8.1206):

1. Enable autoplay

2. Go to an artist page and find an album, click on that album and play the last song

3. Wait for the song to end (or just skip to the last second of it), for autoplay to trigger

4. Now the queue button is unclickable, and even if you add songs to the queue you can't observe them or change their order.

This weird state can be fixed by starting to play a different song, which is not that hard but it's still annoying to have only half the functionality of a queue - in the described state we have a queue and can add songs to it but not observe or remove songs.

I think it's unwanted behavior, what do you think?

Thank you in advance!

Tal

3 Replies

Hey there @talbor49

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

In this case, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your devices. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this happens across devices or only on your phone?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey Eni!

Thank you very much for the quick reply 🙂

2 login/logouts didn't make it, but doing a clean reinstall according to the guide you sent did it! Now the issue is fixed for more.

Regarding your other questions - the issue only happened on my mobile, and I'm pretty sure it only started lately (I'm using the app daily for a few years already).

Hey @talbor49,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts