Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio not showing any stations after update to new app (1.10.113)

Solved!

Radio not showing any stations after update to new app (1.10.113)

Was forced to update to new Spotify app (1.10.113), and when I did, my saved radio stations are all gone. I only see Recommended Stations. I really want my radio stations back! The two things I value the most with Spotify, my stations and my offline music (which this update messed with both)

On Samsung Galaxzy S11 and I am a premium user. My Stations do show up in the Web viewer,  but not on desktop app (both windows and mac) and on android.

Complaint: Did NOT like that I had to re-download all my music back to my phone. Very bad user experience. And if this is going to happen again in the future, then I don't see the benefit of paying. I understand you were having security issues, but why couldn't you just copied my previously downloaded files so the new app as access to them? Or at least give us the options to search for music already downloaded?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @noheadesigns and welcome to the community 🙂

First things first, please try and log out then in to get your stations back - this won't affect your downloaded playlists. Your stations will be on the Spotify servers.

Second thing second, it wouldn't have been possible for a new app to get the data. The offline track data is stored in the apps private data folder, which only the specific app can access (other apps cannot read it - they basically have 000 permissions).

As such, the new app couldn't and wouldn't have been able to get the offline tracks from the old app.

Liam

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The new update for the desktop app fixed the radio problem

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I read the article https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/downloading-android-update. And all you say is it's important security issue. Please clarify on how my previously downloaded music is a security threat.

Marked as solution

Hi @noheadesigns and welcome to the community 🙂

First things first, please try and log out then in to get your stations back - this won't affect your downloaded playlists. Your stations will be on the Spotify servers.

Second thing second, it wouldn't have been possible for a new app to get the data. The offline track data is stored in the apps private data folder, which only the specific app can access (other apps cannot read it - they basically have 000 permissions).

As such, the new app couldn't and wouldn't have been able to get the offline tracks from the old app.

Liam

Thank you Liam. The logging out and back in again worked on my phone (sorry for not trying that first), but didn't work for the desktop app (Mac).

Thank you for clarifying regarding the downloaded offline music. I appreciate it.

No worries, glad to help 🙂
Marked as solution

The new update for the desktop app fixed the radio problem

Suggested posts