Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly changing songs on its own

Randomly changing songs on its own

When I'm running at the gym, 20 minutes in spotify just starts skipping all over playing a few seconds of a track and moving to the next one. I'm on droid "the one" have plenty of memory available, did two clean reinstalls, have the playlists download to the phone (shouldn't be a connection issue), and the screen is locked when the problem happens. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Thanks
12 Replies

What version of Spotify is it you're using? Did you receive the update via Google Play today?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I am currently running version 0.7.5.696.g3d38db5a

Updated to latest version yesterday, still having problems.

Does this happen with downloaded and streamed music?

I'm not positive, I don't have unlimited data on my phone so all my playlists are downloaded.

Hello,

I have been experiencing the following problem for months now:

Spotify changes track in the middle of a song. I goes to a completely other artist that is not even in the queue.
It starts playing on it's own after a while when it's on "pause"

This is really annoying. Could you please help me out? I am thinking of quitting Spotify.  It's not worth paying if I can't listen to a full album without getting constantly interrupted by the app.

I have a premium account

It happens on my windows PC and also on my Android phone SG6.

Thanks!

Playlist changes songs randomly abt every 15-20 seconds? Help...android..

Do a clean install of the app and it should fix your problem. Here is a link to a guide that will better explain it then I can

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/m-p/9142...

Just started to do the same for me right after having linking shazam with my spotify account 

The same things happen to me. Spotify changes songs by itself on both my iphone 6s and samsung galaxy s9 or start to play song that are not in my playlist. Once it started to broadcat music by itself on my tv in the middle of the night. Very scary. Could you help?

Mine does the same, random indian music o.O 

If there is any solution ahead, I hope it'll be posted here 😞

My account started having this same problem months ago while using Spotify on my I-Phone.  Then the same issues started happening on my PC at home. Very frustraighting.  I looked at all the replies online I could and there is no real answer to the problem. Spotifies support has no real replies to solve the issue. I updated drives and all the simple items I coud think of and read what others had tried. Nothing worked. 

Then I found what solved my issues:

Go to account and scroll down to Apps. In Apps, Revoke access to ever App, even Spotify.

After I did this it solved all my issues on both my I-phone and PC. Hoppe this helps.

Suggested posts