Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio and home tab not working

Nexus 6 with family premium .Everytime I try radio or home its says not working have another go . Uninstalled reinstalled logged out then in cleared data and cache . Library and search works just fine . I can play music its just annoying and not wort...

• Casual Listener
  • Nexus 6 with family premium .Everytime I try radio or home its says not working  have another go . Uninstalled reinstalled logged out then in cleared data and cache . Library and search works ju...
  • Tayyareci
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded playlists songs set as not downloaded

DeviceMotorola Moto G3Operating SystemAndroid 6.0 My Question or IssueI have a SD card set as Internal Storage, and I download my playlists to it. At some point, the playlists are shown as not downloaded (the download switch appears as off). It's occ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Motorola Moto G3 Operating System Android 6.0   My Question or Issue I have a SD card set as Internal Storage, and I download my playlists to it. At some point, the playlists are sh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio icon missing on phone app

Anyone know why my radio icon is missing from the spotify app on my samsung s8 phone? The only options i have are playlists, home and search. If i log on on my laptop it is there but i need it on my phone. I havr uninstalled it and reinstalled it and...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone know why my radio icon is missing from the spotify app on my samsung s8 phone? The only options i have are playlists, home and search. If i log on on my laptop it is there but i need it on my ...
  • stakendaheart
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ne reconnait pas ma carte SD

PlanFree/PremiumCountryFrance Device Asus Zen FoneOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueSpotify (sous Android) ne reconnait pas ma carte SD que j'ai pourtant formaté plusieurs fois.. Je l'utilise pour enregrister les sons hors ligne.. Merci d'av...

• Plan Free/Premium Country France  Device  Asus Zen Fone Operating System Android My Question or Issue Spotify (sous Android) ne reconnait pas ma carte SD que j'ai pourtant format...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle/Playlist problems with the mobile app udpate

As of the most recent update, Spotify will no longer shuffle-play. I have the free version, so usually shuffle is that all that's available. Now, however, all of my playlists play by artist or in random clusters of specific songs that repeat over and...

• Casual Listener
  • As of the most recent update, Spotify will no longer shuffle-play. I have the free version, so usually shuffle is that all that's available. Now, however, all of my playlists play by artist or in ran...
  • Razorbladekiss5
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! Cannot skip in song imported to phone

Hello.I have a problem with imported music. I follow the procedure when in PC app I take an absolutely correct mp3 in local files and add it to a playlist. If I play it in the desktop app, it plays correctly and I can skip (move time bar) in the song...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have a problem with imported music. I follow the procedure when in PC app I take an absolutely correct mp3 in local files and add it to a playlist. If I play it in the desktop app, it plays...
  • Efekocaer
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Behind the Lyrics not working

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceKindle Fire HD 8 I recently played the playlist "Behind the Lyrics: Hits" , which I believe should have behind the lyrics. However, it didn't appear. On other devices I have seen it work, and I was surprised.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  United States Device Kindle Fire HD 8   I recently played the playlist "Behind the Lyrics: Hits" , which I believe should have behind the lyrics. Howeve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify lädt lokale PC MP3 dateien nicht aufs handy runter

Hallo, Ich benutze seit januar Spotify Premium. Meiner Meinung nach ist das rundum packet sehr gut nur 1ne sache stört mich gewaltig: Ich kann meine lokalen MP3 dateien die ich auf meinem pc gescpeichert habe nicht auf meinem Android handy abspielen....

• Hallo,    Ich benutze seit januar Spotify Premium. Meiner Meinung nach ist das rundum packet sehr gut nur 1ne sache stört mich gewaltig: Ich kann meine lokalen MP3 dateien die ich auf mei...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes

Huawei P9 Lite

I have selected SD-Card to save offline-music. Despite that every Android-Update failes due to lack of memory. After unistalling Spotify the 1.4GB of memory saved on the SD-Card is available as additional ram. Is this a bug or my mistake? RegardsThom...

• Regular
  • I have selected SD-Card to save offline-music. Despite that every Android-Update failes due to lack of memory. After unistalling Spotify the 1.4GB of memory saved on the SD-Card is available as addit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching

Why is it that i search for a song and when i go to play it. It plays the song at the top of my playlist instead of the song i searched for

• Why is it that i search for a song and when i go to play it. It plays the song at the top of my playlist instead of the song i searched for  
  • Zefirka
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Every time i open the search bar and begin typing, spotify logs me out

I already cleared the cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Now every time I search for a song, the app automatically closes and logs me out. It's really obnoxious when I want to hear a specific songPlanPremiumCountry Device Operating System...

• Casual Listener
  • I already cleared the cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Now every time I search for a song, the app automatically closes and logs me out. It's really obnoxious when I want to hear a spec...
  • f1_k4-6y7mtci
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution View only downloaded files

Hello. Forgive my English, not very good. Is there any kind of view in the Spotify app that just shows the downloaded songs on the mobile phone screen?

• Hello. Forgive my English, not very good. Is there any kind of view in the Spotify app that just shows the downloaded songs on the mobile phone screen?
  • po2123
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I get the old look back?

I have a free account, and I updated the app and now I have the new UI - and I really want the previous one back. I want the "Daily Mix" and radio's feature and all that. How do I get my old spotify back?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a free account, and I updated the app and now I have the new UI - and I really want the previous one back. I want the "Daily Mix" and radio's feature and all that.   How do I get m...
  • lubos
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Back
    Daily Mixes
    look
    New Update
    old look
    OLDER VERSIONS
    Radio
    Radio feature
    Radio function
    Radio Playlist
    Radio Stations
    UI
    UI Upgrade Sucks
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error when selecting playback in a playlist.

Whilst using the android app, if I go into a playlist and search and play a song via the filter bar it disregards your search and just plays whatever song is in that position of your unfiltered playlist. So if I search an artist and select the first ...

• Whilst using the android app, if I go into a playlist and search and play a song via the filter bar it disregards your search and just plays whatever song is in that position of your unfiltered playl...
  • user_1234
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

New Update Saved Song Issue

I recently downloaded the new update for Android and when I went into the app, there was no tab for saved songs in the library. I had hundreds of songs saved but not in a playlist and now I'm not sure how to access them from my phone. I have the opti...

• I recently downloaded the new update for Android and when I went into the app, there was no tab for saved songs in the library. I had hundreds of songs saved but not in a playlist and now I'm not sur...
  • jello9
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes

Auto download playlists via wifi

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDevice(htc 10)Operating System(Android Oreo) My Question or Issue When i re-install spotify application to my phone in case i do a format in my phone i have to select each playlist in my playlists one by one to download them. ...

• Plan Premium Country Greece Device (htc 10) Operating System (Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue  When i re-install spotify application to my phone in case i do a format in...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device.

Hi, since a couple of days i'm constantly getting an audio message which says something like: "Spotify has stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device". The music is paused then. I'm sure no other device is using Spotify at tha...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi, since a couple of days i'm constantly getting an audio message which says something like: "Spotify has stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device". The music is pause...
  • CptnJackSpearow
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Android
    Chromecast Android
    music stops
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

I can't watch videos!

Recently I discovered that one of my friends has a feature called 'Videos' in her Spotify App. I looked up in my Spotify but I just can't find the 'Video' button. What shall I do?PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerland DeviceSamsung Galaxy s7Operating SystemAn...

• Recently I discovered that one of my friends has a feature called 'Videos' in her Spotify App. I looked up in my Spotify but I just can't find the 'Video' button. What shall I do? Plan Premium Cou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues With Spotify - [LG G6]

So as of the newest update Spotify is absolutely terrible. If I try searching for a song it acts as if my playlist is still behind it. So Say I pick a song I searched for. It will actually just play the first song on my entire playlist. And whenever ...

• Casual Listener
  • So as of the newest update Spotify is absolutely terrible.    If I try searching for a song it acts as if my playlist is still behind it. So Say I pick a song I searched for. It will actu...
  • Fobs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Does Anyone's Spotify Look Like This?

My Spotify recently updated like a month ago and it looks like this now. I am really confused of how to work it, and I really do not like it. How can I get my old Spotify back?

• Visitor
  • My Spotify recently updated like a month ago and it looks like this now. I am really confused of how to work it, and I really do not like it. How can I get my old Spotify back?
  • 19bjohnson2
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes