Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Receiving no Notifications

Receiving no Notifications

The setting is activated that I should receive push notifications for new realeased music. And in the Android settings everthing is okay, too.  I never got any notivications neither on Windows (since the bell was still available) or neither on Andorid even though I follow a buch of artists 

I am using Spotify Verison: 7.5.0.1076  armV7, Android 6.0.1

7 Replies

I couldn't find the definitive post fron Spotify quickly but, as I recall, push notifications of new releases are no more. Instead, we have Release Radar and New Music Friday. If you search the Ideas section, you'll find related ideas.

So why is there still the setting for push notifications? I would love to have them and i am not a big fan of this playlist. There are some artists featured the I dont care about. 

Hey there @xdeluxxe, welcome! 

The notifications for followed artists are currently off, because of some updates are making to them, you can check all the info in this thread 

There is also a live idea for bringing back the notifications, if you want you can leave your vote and comments there in support!

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

"turning off the in-app notifications "bell" on desktop" 

Not Android

"make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like"

Its turned on, but i am not getting any notifications

I believe the notifications are off for all devices, just the thread is tagged for desktop, because maybe they removed the desktop notifications first. 

You can also check this idea 

However you can also use swarm.fm, as it's using data from spotify and recommned you all the new releases from your followed artists and simialar

Its not okay that I need to go to a external page to get my wanted information.

It's not necessary, it was just a suggestion what you can do to track the music you like while we are waiting for the notifications to return : )

Anyway when you go to Browse > Discover > New Releases For You, they are usually pretty well picked, and they're updating regulary, so you can also check this section, if you not already

Suggested posts