Recent Searches inexplicably disappear every couple of days

Plan

Premium Duo

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have an issue that has been going on for a couple of weeks. What happens is that every couple of days the recent searches in the search tab of the Spotify app just disappear. It's like I pressed the clear recent searches button when I don't do that at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it hasn't helped. I also haven't seen anyone else have this issue, so I'm very confused.

8 Replies

Hey there @_eden,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on your phone?

On another note, you mentioned that you already reinstalled the app, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following these steps?

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni,

This is only happening on my galaxy phone.

I've tried performing a clean reinstall and removing the app from battery optimization software. I've also updated my phone, which actually seemed to solve the problem for a few days, until it happened again today.

Hey @_eden,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Since the last update of your phone seems to have solved the issue for a few days, it's possible that the issue could be device-related.

First, make sure you don't have any task killer, or storage cleaner apps as they are constantly deleting cache of the phone and this may interfere with the recently stored data on the app. In case you have one, double check if Spotify is set as an exception for cache cleaning.

If you don't have any of those apps, but you have an SD card in your phone, we'd suggest removing it, and trying again without that external storage to see if it makes any difference.

Lastly, to continue investigating your case, include in your next response the exact OS version of your phone, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello this is happening to me too, I'm using a pixel3a Spotify version 8.7.62.398

Hey @AJ107,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We're sorry to see that you're having these issues.

Can you start with letting us know if you tried all of the troubleshooting that's been provided in the thread?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks, that seems to have resolved it now 

Hi Jeremy, this solution hasn't worked as my search history disappeared again today

Hey @AJ107,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try and reproduce this issue on a different mobile device?

This is most probably connected to an app or a service on your phone, that regularly clears the cache of the Spotify (ant others) app. Could you check those settings? They vary between devices, but here is a nice site with the most common ones. 

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts