Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reinstall using current album list.

Reinstall using current album list.

I need to unistall then reinstall Spotify because I did not specify my large micro SD card as the storage option at the first installion. I now have over 1GB of music stored on my phones internal memory, to gether with nearly 1GB stored on my external SD card; that card still has 19GB free.

I know that if I uninstall/reinstall Spotify I can retrieve my playlists, but I have also downloaded many albums. Before I uninstall Spotify is there a way find out where, on my phone, the albums are stored i.e. I assume some are on the internal memory, those downloaded before I found the external SD card option, and some on the SD card, after I set the SD card option?

I dont want to lose the albums or at least the list of the albums; if I have the list I can at least re-download the missing albums after the reinstallation.

Any advice please?

2 Replies

Are you using a Samsung by any chance? There's a long-running issue where the OS erroneously reports that the spotify data stored on SD card is also using internal storage. If you search in "Ongoing Issues" you should find the relevant report. In my opinion, this bug is purely a reporting error and shouldn't affect anything. You can check for yourself the size of the cache using the built in file manager. You're looking for ~android/data/com.spotify.music.

Thank you.

com.spotify.music cache reports zero.

Suggested posts