Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove top podcasts suggestions

Remove top podcasts suggestions

Smack dab in the middle of the homescreen is "Your Top Podcasts". It seems to list any podcasts unrelated to what you actually listen to. The suggestions are often inappropriate and embarassing. 

This issue has been brought up countless times in the past year. Nothing has been implemented to address this problem. I'm beginning to think that it is not due to an inability to implement an option to "hide" suggestions, but instead Spotify is being paid to advertise these podcasts. So tough luck. 

This is ridiculous. Fix this sht or lose your patrons.

95 Replies

Stop ignoring us . Implement a way to disable podcasts. We don’t want them.

I do not want podcasts. I never wanted podcasts. I will not become interested in podcasts. Not to mention the suggestions are wildly random or just plain insulting at times. American talkshow funnymen with garbage takes? Don't they have like, TV-shows on cable? I'm not even American!

I'm not interested. I don't want it.

Every time I check up on how it's going with suggestions like these it's always the same story. 'SOLVED!!1 go to solution' and then the solution is just a simple copy-paste to a suggestion staff has already said 'no' to. Every single time. 

I want my home screen back! 

This is not solved! It's extremely misleading to suggest so. So frustrating! If we can hide music we don't like, why can't we hide podcasts? I hate the podcast suggestions. Not interested. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We suggest that you head over to this and this idea. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the threads for any updates regarding this. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

wow … so you still just post a link to your voting system and mark the conversation as solved.  

Hey @Tex-Twil,

Thanks for the post.

Currently this is the only way to request the implementation of a feature or a change in the functionality of the app.

The more users vote on an idea, the more likely it is to get implemented.

Hope this makes sense.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

May I ask how this feature got in at first place? By feature I mean

”As a Spotify music user,
I want to see podcast suggestions I’m not interested in on my home screen
So that I cannot easily find music I like”

brave_ssDHWm9ZjO.png

Can you PLEASE stop sending links to suggestions that have already been said 'no' to? Please don't mark things as solved when they are everything but solved! 

Spoiler

One day I saw a podcast named “**bleep** Town” and couldn’t believe something like that was on my home page. So I clicked out of curiosity. The podcast was full of crude jokes and toilet humor I didn’t like. I switched away from it after a few minutes.

Now, Spotify thinks it’s my favorite podcast ever. It keeps showing “Listeners of **bleep** Town also love” right on my home page, and in my car with CarPlay. 

I just want this stupid podcast to leave my Home Screen. HOW DO I DO THAT?

REMOVE THIS PODCAST**bleep**.  I am paying for music, not podcasts.  I never listen to them, never will and find it INSULTING THAT I SEE CRIME **bleep** PLASTERED IN FRONT IF MY MUSIC.  GET RID OF THIS Garbage or I will find a competitor to send my money to

Yeah and you can BLEEP all you want.  This BLEEPING is to get your damn attention to this Garbage!

which platform did you switch to? bc I'm thinking of switching spotify

Hi, I=I didn't switch yet. I'm waiting to see if these people really pay
attention to their customers.

Hint: The solution is just to delete spotify since they cannot be bothered to revert a change they made. (Hint: Just use git revert and everyone is happy)

When they suggest racist and sexist podcasts and I cannot even tell them no. 100% solved Spotify. Thanks

They don't care, they've been setting these topics to "Not right now" since they first came up in 2019, they don't want podcasts hidden they want us all to listen to them and agree with the rubbish they push. 

The 'solution' that worked for me is to confuse the Spotify algorithm. If you have something undesirable on your homepage, start looking up for podcasts that you would like to, or rather, would not mind have appear on your homepage everyday. Then start listening to them (or just leave them running in the background for a while). By flooding the algorithm with other preferences, it should automatically give less weightage to the stuff you don't want appearing on your homepage now.

I don't want to see ANY podcast section wasting space on my homescreen,
I subscribed to listen to music. Podcast is not even similar to music.
What the **bleep** do they think this has in common?
I would prefer not to simulate I'm interested in listening to other
people who think they have something to tell... (Don't take me bad,
guys!) So, this won't work for ME.
Thanks anyways!

(Where's the dislike button please?)
You seem to make enough money, so you can dare to fool us. Congratulations!
BUT: You SHOULD not ignore us!

You decide it's not worth for you to take the efforts removing the *******bleep*******, and this is the reason you won't care "right now". But we all know, this is a lie.
Be surprised to see the proof:
You implemented this *******bleep******* without any of your subscribers have ever requested it.
Correct me, if I'm wrong...

Still an issue over a year later. Very disappointed that Spotify clearly aren't listening. 

Suggested posts