Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Respond to messages on mobile app?

Respond to messages on mobile app?

Is it possible to respond to messages using the mobile app?  I can respond when using my computer but see no option to reply on my mobile app.

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 Replies

Do you mean the little inbox on the bottom left of the menu bar next to your profile?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yes. When I view the songs/messages that are in that Inbox, there are lots of options (save, add to playlist, add to queu, etc) but I am not able to reply to the message. Is there a way to do so? I have that option when using my computer but not the mobile app.

Ah, I see. I don't actually use the inbox but I seem to recall something about it being literally an 'inbox' and I think you can't reply directly from within the app.

Someone like @Peter__ would be able to confirm.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yeah, Daniel is correct you can't reply on mobile.

Essentially what happened was Spotify moved from Inbox to Messages on the desktop and web player which is a conversational system (so you can send a receive) but that new system hasn't made it over to the mobile apps which are still running the old inbox system. So you get the same "inbox messages" but you can't see or send replies on the mobile apps I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Bummer.  Thank you to both of you for the info though.  Any idea on if they plan to change that issue so that you can reply on the mobile app?

Suggested posts