Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start on A13 SoftwinerEvb android tablet (android version 4.1.1)

DescriptionWhen I start spotify (on android device), it shows login screen, but it immediately crashes/stops.There is not error message whatsoever,spotify just closes. Before update to new Spotify app it worked perfectly.I tried to uninstall both app...

• Description When I start spotify (on android device), it shows login screen, but it immediately crashes/stops.There is not error message whatsoever, spotify just closes. Before update to new Spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.1
    Crash
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local files won't sync

i have some local files that are syncing fine, other will not sync. the playlist says it is downloaded on my phone with 0 tracks. the files play fine on my computer with spotify and some have even synced with my phone in the past, but will not now. i...

• Casual Listener
  • i have some local files that are syncing fine, other will not sync. the playlist says it is downloaded on my phone with 0 tracks. the files play fine on my computer with spotify and some have even sy...
  • bchsun
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot get music offline

I cannot get music offline on my Samsung table 3. Until 3 days ago, it worked fine. Nor can I get I reload it via my computer. The message is "track not available. What is the problem?

• I cannot get music offline on my Samsung table 3. Until 3 days ago, it worked fine. Nor can I get I reload it via my computer.  The message is "track not available. &nbs...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Wont Sync

When i try to sync a playlist to phone it syncs the playlist but none of the music in the playlist so its just a empty playlist on my phone

• Casual Listener
  • When i try to sync a playlist to phone it syncs the playlist but none of the music in the playlist so its just a empty playlist on my phone
  • ncstickney
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Search by genre and mood

On my laptop I can browse with genre and moods. But when I use Spotify in Sonos on my laptop or on my samsung that optiens does not seem to be available

• On my laptop I can browse with genre and moods. But when I use Spotify in Sonos on my laptop or on my samsung that optiens does not seem to be available
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no equalizer on lg g2?

I just want to know why on my friend's Xperia Z2, it has an equalizer and on my g2 has none. is it just on xperia phones or spotify hasnt released equalizer settings on android? Pls help. Thankd

• I just want to know why on my friend's Xperia Z2, it has an equalizer and on my g2 has none. is it just on xperia phones or spotify hasnt released equalizer settings on android? Pls help. Thankd
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Equalizer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

i just got a problem in upgrade to premium

first,sorry for my bad english(im a hong kong local teenager) i just activate my SPOTIFY acount to premium by redeem a giftcard but in my SPOTIFY player is still showing that Im a free user (whatever on my PC or my Android phone)

• Regular
  • first,sorry for my bad english(im a hong kong local teenager)   i just activate my SPOTIFY acount to premium by redeem a giftcard   but in my SPOTIFY player is still showing that Im...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

I am premium member

I use spotify offline while im at work and for the past few months havent encountered any problems then this week all of a sudden some of my songs dont finish playing and it says track is not available despite the fact I have the track. I tried loggi...

• Casual Listener
  • I use spotify offline while im at work and for the past few months havent encountered any problems then this week all of a sudden some of my songs dont finish playing and it says track is not availab...
  • voltronhimself
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I need help

Hi! My Spotify account is having troubles to log in. I'm using the Facebook credentials to log in. It says that I'm log in from a different country. I need help. I don't know how to fix it. ..

• Hi! My Spotify account is having troubles to log in. I'm using the Facebook credentials to log in. It says that I'm log in from a different country. I need help. I don't know how to fix it. ..
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify still downloads songs on playlists even though I have 'Download over 2G/3G' turned off

I just noticed that spotify has been downloading my songs while I'm on 4G even though I have the option turned off. Doesn't help that I have it set to extreme quality too. So now I my data charges are skyrocketing. It used to only download when my pl...

• Casual Listener
  • I just noticed that spotify has been downloading my songs while I'm on 4G even though I have the option turned off. Doesn't help that I have it set to extreme quality too. So now I my data charges ar...
  • hvarum80
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Impossible to add new albums or artists to "My music"

Hi there, I have a problem since yesterday, it is impossible for me to add new artists or albums to the "my music" section. Whenever i click to save them, it "unclicks" automatically or stay for just a few minutes before disappearing from "my music" ...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I have a problem since yesterday, it is impossible for me to add new artists or albums to the "my music" section. Whenever i click to save them, it "unclicks" automatically or st...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist functions for Spotify with Android

Is there any way for Spotify to make an updaten in wich it's possible to freely move tracks up and down in your playlistThis would be a great functionality, instead of removing them and re-adding them in the order of your choice.Waiting for the day t...

• Is there any way for Spotify to make an updaten in wich it's possible to freely move tracks up and down in your playlist This would be a great functionality, instead of removing them and re-adding...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! signed up with facebook and username becomes numbers!?

Hi. I used the android app for Spotify and signed up with Facebook. The thing is my username became just numbers when it should be my FB username or maybe allow me to pick what username I want. I emailed support and they said the only thing to solve ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I used the android app for Spotify and signed up with Facebook. The thing is my username became just numbers when it should be my FB username or maybe allow me to pick what username I want. I ema...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No me reconocen mis amigos

Hola, tengo mi cuenta spotify premium y asociada en facebook, pero al momento de que me buscan mis amigos con mi nombre en el buscador, no les aparezco :/, en cambio si busco a uno de ellos si salgo ? a que se debe?

• Hola, tengo mi cuenta spotify premium y asociada en facebook, pero al momento de que me buscan mis amigos con mi nombre en el buscador, no les aparezco :/, en cambio si busco a uno de ellos si salgo ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When I receive email while using Spotify !!

While using Spotify on my Samsung notepro12.2 any email that I receive interrupts the playback for a couple of secs. (Playback sound drops) Really annoying. Can any one tell me how stop this happening please. Thanks. Rob.

• While using Spotify on my Samsung notepro12.2 any email that I receive interrupts the playback for a couple of secs. (Playback sound drops) Really annoying.  Can any one tell me how stop thi...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

View Friend's Top 5-10 Songs via Android

Apperantly, it is possible to view friend's top 5 songs when using an Ipad. Within the last ~5 months it was possible to view friend's top tracks on my Samsung Galaxy (I want to say it was top 10) but this functionality has since been removed. My que...

• Gig Goer
  • Apperantly, it is possible to view friend's top 5 songs when using an Ipad. Within the last ~5 months it was possible to view friend's top tracks on my Samsung Galaxy (I want to say it was top 10) bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My off-line music deleted. again!!!

Not the first time this has happened. I recently started my iphone (which I hadn't used in a while), and all the off-line songs have been deleted on my Samsung s4 and tab3. Many gigabytes of data are currently being re downloaded and also a few hundr...

• Roadie
  • Not the first time this has happened. I recently started my iphone (which I hadn't used in a while), and all the off-line songs have been deleted on my Samsung s4 and tab3. Many gigabytes of dat...
  • rnorthc123
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app missing everything on startup

Hi! Firstly I apologise for my bad english.http://imgur.com/kQ3DS5wSo when I launch app I just get a blank black screen. Any ideas how to fix? I have a LG G Flex

• Hi! Firstly I apologise for my bad english. http://imgur.com/kQ3DS5w So when I launch app I just get a blank black screen. Any ideas how to fix? I have a LG G Flex
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android volume quiet

Having an issue with spotify on all my android devices, Samsung s5, s4, tabpro 8.4 and nexus 7 gen 2 The output volume via any output is a lot lower than other applications, is there anyway to change this ? I had a similar issue on the PC and I was a...

• Having an issue with spotify on all my android devices, Samsung s5, s4, tabpro 8.4 and nexus 7 gen 2   The output volume via any output is a lot lower than other applications, is there anywa...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes