Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reverse order of playlists

Solved!

Reverse order of playlists

Hi All

This issue really spans more than just Android but all platforms I think...

Hope someone can help.  This has been mentioned before and I have yet to find a satisfactory explanation.

I have a playlist that I generally maintain in the spotify app in windows.  I would love for it to be in reverse order so that new stuff drag and dropped in goes in at the top of the list and you hear that first.  

So I could sort on added date I guess....

But this playlist is also downloaded onto the app on my android phone, android nexus tablet and an ios ipad through sonos.  Unfortunately the sorted order from the playlist in the windows app is not 'rendered' or update the natural order of the playlist if you like.

I have seen methods for manually reordering a playlist in windows app but then i'd have to update this each time I added anything in the playlist.

Does anyone out there have any ideas?  Is this possible?  Am I being stupid (probably)....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should be able to change the sort of order of playlists on android and iPad by scrolling to the top of the playlist, there should be a sort option in the top right corner. I'm not sure if its possible in the Sonos application though!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I understand what you are saying, the global default for all Spotify playlists (apart from starred) is to order with the oldest tracks at the top, although you can change that sort order on the majority of Spotify apps locally on that device.

If you want to suggest it being changed, head on over to the ideas exchange:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Peter

Thanks Peter, can you tell me how you change the sort order locally on the android app on my htc phone...?  I presume that'd be exactly the same as on my nexus?  

And (this is for the all expenses holiday to hawaii....) is that also possible on an Ipad and in that case will it percolate through to the list in the Sonos app?

Appreciate you may not know all this but anything else you can tell me is helpful!

ta.

Marked as solution

You should be able to change the sort of order of playlists on android and iPad by scrolling to the top of the playlist, there should be a sort option in the top right corner. I'm not sure if its possible in the Sonos application though!

Peter

Brilliant - I'd must have missed the addition of the filter and sorting to playlists to the android app.  Doh. Made my day! ta

Enjoy! Your lucky as its not possible in my trusty iPhone app!

Peter

Hi, this option is not there on the IPhone version of the app. With 500 songs in a playlist it's a pain to scroll down every time.

Where can you sort the playlist on the iPhone app?

Thanks

Suggested posts