Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Running' disappeared after update to versjon 4.4.0.1008!

Solved!

'Running' disappeared after update to versjon 4.4.0.1008!

Hi all

I am a Premium user who lost the running function in Spotify. I have re-installed the app after deleting all old files, 

turned the phone off and back on ++ I've tried it all, but still no 'Running'

I have versjon 4.4.0.1008.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what is wrong?

\\ BjKF

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It seems I was mistaken. I found another thread on this issue, and the "Running" feature has been moved to "Genres & Moods," in the Browse tab. On my device it appears in the tenth line of genres. This definitely isn't something I would have noticed on my own, hopefully Spotify will release more accurate update notes to tell us this. As for reporting bugs, the Ongoing Issues forum seems to be more actively monitored for things like this. You can find it on the Community homepage, under Help.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

What device are you using? I've looked at my Galaxy S4 and Running was available on version 4.3.0.922 as well as 4.4.0.1008 when I first opened the app after updating, but disappeared shortly thereafter. Probably a glitch that will need a patch, rather than an intentional act.

Hello,

Have you tried re-installing the Spotify app?

Best Regards, 

Austin

Hi! I have the Sony Xperia Z2 running Android 5.1.1 I uninstalled version 4.4.0.1008 and installed the older version 4.3.0.922 and - voila! - Running is back! No way I'm updating before this is fixed. Regards, Bjarte

Many times..... Reinstalling an earlier version was the solution for me.

Where can we notify Spotify about this glitch? I don't think the y read all the messages.... 🙂
Marked as solution

It seems I was mistaken. I found another thread on this issue, and the "Running" feature has been moved to "Genres & Moods," in the Browse tab. On my device it appears in the tenth line of genres. This definitely isn't something I would have noticed on my own, hopefully Spotify will release more accurate update notes to tell us this. As for reporting bugs, the Ongoing Issues forum seems to be more actively monitored for things like this. You can find it on the Community homepage, under Help.

@Rhuidel wrote:

Yes, that's my feedback!!!

They have too much garbage on sidebar no one use. I mean I am ok with that there is Runnin option who uses it. But please don't host this thing on sidebar. Who not use it, don't need it to sidebar. It is better to have these stuff on Genres & Moods. So if you use go here.

Do you see? The sidebar of Spotify is simple gorgeous now with few items. I mean keep it this way Spotify!

thanks for your help...not the best customer experience done by spotify..it is no where obvious that it belongs there under genres

Thanks, Rhodes!!

Thanx! I didn't know it was that simple. Maybe next time spotify moves a feature into another section, a little notice message would be nice. I've missed my running music this morning because of the change ;-(. Still the app is great work!

Suggested posts