Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD card not showing up for storage.

Solved!

SD card not showing up for storage.

Every month or so,spotify just starts downloading to my phone even though I have the setting to save to SD card. And then I have to re download all my music. Sometimes the option to save to SD card just doesn't exist anymore, and then it will randomly show up again a few days later. This is getting irritating. Right now, I've done all the tricks that I can find on the Spotify threads to fix this issue. Currently, the ad card option isn't showing up and I really need the option to have stuff accessible offline (I have republic wireless, so very limited storage and even more limited data). The threads about this on here are  kinda old and the steps don't apply anymore. I'm wondering why this happens so much. It's irritating to pay for a service that I don't have access to half the time bc the app is constantly malfunctioning

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Moto g6

Operating System

Android 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Wdoregon,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

Sounds like there may be something wrong with the cache on your device. We'd recommend a clean reinstall first, which will remove any corrupted data and at the same time ensures you're running the latest version of the app. Head here for the exact steps. 

If the issue persists, this might be something that needs to be looked at backstage, in which case you should reach out to our support teams. They'll be able to lend you a hand managing your offline devices.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Wdoregon,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

Sounds like there may be something wrong with the cache on your device. We'd recommend a clean reinstall first, which will remove any corrupted data and at the same time ensures you're running the latest version of the app. Head here for the exact steps. 

If the issue persists, this might be something that needs to be looked at backstage, in which case you should reach out to our support teams. They'll be able to lend you a hand managing your offline devices.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator

If I "clear storage" will I lose all my data, listening history, and
playlists etc?

Hey @Wdoregon,

Not to worry! Your listening history and everything in Your Library is saved in your account and you can access them across multiple devices. Once you reinstalled the app you can log in again with your credentials and everything will still be there 🎶

Clearing the storage will however delete any downloaded songs you've saved for offline listening on your device.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator

Suggested posts