Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung A5 not compatible for app download

Solved!

Samsung A5 not compatible for app download

I am on premium and wanted to download the spotify app on my new phone. SAMSUNG A5. I tried it via play store. It shows app is not compatible with my device.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks. Let me pass this to the team to rectify, in the mean time you can download the app from http://m.spotify.com and install it manually on your device.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi, @MaerryKuegler and welcome to the Spotify Community.

Please follow @Daniel's suggestion and let us know if that helped.

If not, could you please confirm the Android version of your Samsung A5? Can you send us a screenshot of the message you get in Google Play?

Thanks,

Teresa

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Thanks. Let me pass this to the team to rectify, in the mean time you can download the app from http://m.spotify.com and install it manually on your device.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

Hi, @MaerryKuegler and welcome to the Spotify Community.

Please follow @Daniel's suggestion and let us know if that helped.

If not, could you please confirm the Android version of your Samsung A5? Can you send us a screenshot of the message you get in Google Play?

Thanks,

Teresa

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hello

The suggestion helped. Thanks for the fast reply.

Hey @MaerryKuegler,

That's awesome news, thanks for letting us know.

We'll be right here if you need us again.

Have a great day!

Hey @MaerryKuegler,

We'd like to take a closer look into why you're not being able to download the app via the Android Google Play Store. 

Could you please confirm the Android version of your Samsung A5? Can you send us a screenshot of the message you get in Google Play?

That would be super helpful.

Thanks!

Hi I have the same problem. I hava a Samsung A5 and so far I cannot download the app from web page.

It display a message: it is not available in your Country (Colombia).

I wonder how it is possible if I currently have a premium account, I have been paying. Even with another phone (Samsung J7) works well.

Please I need your support. Thanks

That's a restriction in the Play store. To download spotify from Play while you are in Columbia, you need to use a VPN set to a country where spotify is available.

Hi,

My phone is not compatible with Spotify premium. The the Spotify family account on my computer works. I use the same account on my phone, however it does not connect with the premium app. I am able to use my fathers premium account on the same phone, but it does not work with my own account.

How do I get the family deal on my phone?  

Suggested posts