Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Hello World,

i got a problem with my ace. Since yesterday, when the new version of spotify was available, my ace won´t install the new one. It says that my device is not compatible for this version of spotify. Will there be a fix or do i have to buy a new cellphone?

181 Replies

@senorita_annie Does it still say it is incomatible and won't download or something else, in which case could you explain what happens? What version of android are you using (android settings/about device)?

Marked as solution

Looks like the Gio launched with andriod 2.2 which may no longer be supported. You may need to upgrade to 2.3 or above.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You´re so **bleep**ing cool!!!! Thank you Spotify!

You´re so absolutly cool, thanks spotifiy for solving this issue... A new fan....!

Hi Joe, Hi Peter,

I have updated version of Android, it's 2.3.6. Once I download and install Spotify, the issue appears when I'm trying to launch the app. The screen gets dark gray, and I'm getting a message "There seems to be a problem with your app installation. For best results, please reinstall Spotify".

I tried reinstalling it, but the issue remains...

Weird, do you have an SD card in your device?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, 16GB...

We had same problem

Solution

Do a complete uninstall of spotify from manage applications

Then reinstall

Worked for us

Unistall and delete any spotify folders left over on external/internal SD card before redownloading. Look for \android\data\com.spotify.music and \android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui in both locations and delete them.

I completely uninstalled Spotify and checked that it was nowhere to be seen  - neither on SD Card nor on the phone. Installed again - same problem...

But I think I know the reason, low internal memory, it has always been too scarce, but with new Spotify version it is probably just not enough 😞 I deleted everything I could delete from the phone, and before installing Spotify it showed me 31MB free....

Thank you very much everyone for your help though! I think I just need a new phone.... 😞

Let's be frank: Blocking the usage of the old app and imposing a new app,which is not working on a common mobile phone, is the opposite of customer oriented working. My son is also affected by this problem, SPOTIFY NEVER ANSWERED, so we will simply cancel the abonnement and will move to another music provider. THANKS!

Let's be frank: Blocking the usage of the old app and imposing a new app,which is not working on a common mobile phone, is the opposite of customer oriented working. My son is also affected by this problem, Spotify never answered to our email, so we will simply cancel the abonnement and will move to another music provider.

Hello everyone,

We've started rolling out Spotify for armv5 users. However, we're having an issue with the release version so we've only rolled out to a small percent. We hope to finish rolling out very soon. 

We're sorry for the problems this issue has caused everyone. If you haven't been able to use Spotify as a result of this issue, please contact our support team here.

Please provide the following information so we can confirm the issue:

• Spotify username
  • Device model
  • Android version number
  • Spotify version number

It is important that you specifically refer to the issue as "Android armv5" in the body of your email so we can find these cases. We know everyone here deserved a better experience so please let us know if you have issues with the new version once you have it. 

Thank you.

The Spotify Community Team 

CC: @Vernisblue @Mopster @Karl_Achs @marky1696 @PAP @thievo @indigosub @charlief @mfterock @tkso23 @senorita_annie @Andrews32 

Hello everyone. The release is now rolled out to 100% on Google Play. Google Play will serve up the correct version for your device but if you have any issues please post to this thread. Thanks for bearing with us. 

Good to know, thanks!

We had some technical issues with our community so I just wanted to double check to see if this has been resolved. Are any of you still having problems using Spotify? 

CC: @Vernisblue @Mopster @Karl_Achs @marky1696 @PAP @thievo @indigosub @charlief @mfterock @tkso23 @senorita_annie @Andrews32 

Seems to work just fine on my galaxy ace!

I'm glad that Spotify was finally able to figure this out. I understand the moderators are not developers and have no control over these situations and handled it the best they could, but I still have some questions, Rorey. 

Most of them are outlined in my super long post at the bottom of this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Device-question-for-moderators/m-p/807355

There are MANY questions about the hacking, this update, and new permissions added to the app that still haven't been answered. Luckily, the moderators ARE in a position to get those answers and deliver them to the community (arguably the PR team should've done that long ago, but here we are).

Also, I expect that all premium users with these devices were credited for the time the app was unusable for their mobile devices (the main reason to pay for premium)? 

I appreciate your attention and look forward to your responses. 

(Also, the app works fine for me, except the Discover tab disappeared this morning, which is weird. I see no one else complaining about that...)

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Yes I am now able to load and use spotify once again.  Thanks for taking notice and getting us back online.  A few little snags here and there but have not had the time to play with it.  At least I can listen once again offline on my phone.  PAP

Suggested posts