Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

Operating System

Wear OS

My Question or Issue

I've noticed that the Spotify app is punishing the battery - I can provide more information/screenshots however I'd be very surprised if I can manage a half marathon run whilst listening to music.

Any advise or anything please?

Note that I'm not using the Sony phone as it says below 😄 

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
10 Replies

Hey there @rawkinrich.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your phone. This is often an overlooked step, but it helps automatically reinstalling the app on the watch as it's linked to the phone.

If this doesn't do the trick, you could also try re-pairing the watch with Bluetooth to see if you notice anything new. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem with my Galaxy Watch 4. Spotify drains 60% of my battery in less than 90 minutes.

Hi @user54353,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community!

Before we continue, please let us know if you already followed the troubleshooting steps shared by @Novy, this will help us to assist you better.

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hiya,

I've done as you've suggested to no avail.

I also went out for a run, I had all the main features off (raise wrist to wake, colour screen etc) however for around 65 minutes of activity Spotify wiped around 40%/45% of the battery.

I assume it'd be the same for any app using Bluetooth headphones but this seems harsh. Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to disable the watch from picking up that my phone or laptop is playing music as its effecting the battery even though I'm not using the watch? I still want to be connected to download offline music though?
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Hi @rawkinrich,

Thank you for your reply. 

Since we're also helping you in this other thread about this issue, we'll keep replying there to keep the conversation unified. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator

I've had this same issue, battery drain on a brand new GW4C from 100 to 10 in just an hour or two.

What was this caused by? Downloads! I'd accidentally hit "download" in my "liked songs" so the watch was trying to download my entire spotify library.

For some reason it seems like downloading/transferring songs are prioritised over communicating other data as after that I was not able to go into any playlists/menus (like the downloads menu) in order to cancel the download of my entire library (I started wondering why the watch's battery was dropping from 100% to 10% within a couple of hours).

Spotify: please update the wearos app to prioritise sending of menu related data over song downloads (or whatever is causing this bug). Please add a confirmation to the download button, which should have been incredibly obvious to everyone involved but apparently wasn't.

Hey @Fennecpaws,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the performance of the Spotify app on your Samsung wearable device. We’ll be sure to let the right folks know.

We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in the future. 

Going forward, we'd like to refer you to the Idea Exchange in the Community for any further feedback or feature improvements you might have, where you can either vote for an existing idea or you can submit your own. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

None of the above suggestions, or those I have found in sixteen other threads, have presented an effective solution. The reinstall suggestion, I assume, is a joke. This problem persists on Galaxy Watch 3 and 4. It makes listening to music on my phone impossible. Is there a way to disconnect or prohibit Spotify from casting to the watch? That may be a question for Samsung, but this is the only music app that murders my battery ruthlessly, every single time. 

Samsung Galaxy 3 user here - watch battery generally lasts for days, until I try and listen to music on Spotify specifically. Watch went from 96% battery to 15% battery inside 70 minutes during a run on the weekend whilst I listened to music via bluetooth to my Seinheisser Momentum headphones on Spotify. I've just walked around the block, 25 minutes, and it burnt up 29%. The option to remote it through my phone is pointless, surely the entire point of having a watch app version of spotify is that you don't have to run with your phone?! There are hundreds of threads all saying the same thing now, it seems that there is a fault with the app. Reinstalling it hasn't worked.

I'm in usa hot a samsung galaxy watch 4 dose same thing

Suggested posts