Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Multiroom App not recognising Spotify Connect

Samsung Multiroom App not recognising Spotify Connect

Running Samsung Multiroom app version 3.2.18 on a Samsung Tab S running Android 5.0.2. Version of Spotify on Tab is 5.7.0.781.  Both apps downloaded from Play Store.

I have lost Spotify Connect integration with multiroom app.  I can see the multiroom speakers in 'devices available' but when I try to connect, Spotify Connect cannot.

Spotify connect works Ok on my Desktop as I can route the audio via Connect to my tablet, but cannot route audio through to any multi-room connected speaker (M3 and M5 speakers)

So, although I think Spotify is working fine, I am posting here as I got the usual brush-off from Samsung.

Anyone else had this issue recently?

2 Replies

Hi, I just tested Spotify Connect with my M5 (same version of the multiroom app as you) and everything seems to still be working fine for me. Do other apps in the Multiroom software, such as Tunein or streaming songs saved directly to your phone still work? Sometimes I have had my speaker disappear from the network altogether and ended up having to do a hard reset of the device and re-add it to my WiFi network.

Also, are you using Samsung's hub to connect the speakers or are they only operating individually? I know they're still showing up on your network, but still might be worth resetting either the speakers or the hub (if applicable). Definitely does sound like an issue with the speakers/app rather than a Spotify problem though.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Dinomight for your reply.  You were right in your comment about having to do a 'hard reset'.  I reset everything, essentially mimicking a first time operation and this did the trick.  Had to add speakers to the app for the 'first' time and re-connect to wireless etc.

Thanks again and apologies for the tardy response!

Suggested posts