Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Disable 'upgrade to family plan' notifications

How do I disable the notifications about upgrading to a family plan on my phone? I don't have a family. They are all dead - these notifications do nothing but annoy and upset me. How do I turn off these notifications, whilst keeping other notificatio...

• How do I disable the notifications about upgrading to a family plan on my phone? I don't have a family. They are all dead - these notifications do nothing but annoy and upset me.   How do I tu...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Sony Xperia M4 Can't move my songs to my SD card.

I just bought an Xperia M4 recently, and when I try to store the downloaded songs on my SD card it does not work. I've tried alot of things that have been working for other people with this problem but it does not work for me. I've been trying to fix...

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought an Xperia M4 recently, and when I try to store the downloaded songs on my SD card it does not work. I've tried alot of things that have been working for other people with this problem b...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Family Premium

I recently added the family premium and am trying to add my family members to my account and the link it gives me keeps failing. I've tried multiple times and logged out logged in, deleted the app. Refreshed the links and nothing is working.Instead o...

• I recently added the family premium and am trying to add my family members to my account and the link it gives me keeps failing. I've tried multiple times and logged out logged in, deleted the app. R...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I canceled my subscription because I didn't want to be charged, but was still charged

I would like to be refunded the $9.99 because I forgot to cancel my subscription a while ago, and you guys took out money after I didn't have any money in my account. Now I'm over drafted and I would like my money back.

• I would like to be refunded the $9.99 because I forgot to cancel my subscription a while ago, and you guys took out money after I didn't have any money in my account. Now I'm over drafted and I would...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs duplicating when they shouldn't

I listen to a lot of live Umphrey's McGee and they play the same song multiple times in a show but each time they play the song the song is different but when I add the local files to Spotify on my phone it copies the same song and just repeats it ev...

• I listen to a lot of live Umphrey's McGee and they play the same song multiple times in a show but each time they play the song the song is different but when I add the local files to Spotify on my p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Limit check.

How do i check the amount if songs I currently have on spotify?

• Regular
  • How do i check the amount if songs I currently have on spotify?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums, Songs, Artists will not load in Library

Hi all! In Spotify for Android (Premium account), under "Library", the views "Songs", "Albums" and "Artists" will not load. The animated loading symbol appears and stays without showing the saved content. The problem has remained for almost a week, I...

• Hi all!   In Spotify for Android (Premium account), under "Library", the views "Songs", "Albums" and "Artists" will not load. The animated loading symbol appears and stays without showing the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can log in to my account when offline but when i turn wifi on it suddenly logs out and I can't log in. I can't login to spotify website too it says "oops, something went wrong." Can anyone help me?

• I can log in to my account when offline but when i turn wifi on it suddenly logs out and I can't log in. I can't login to spotify website too it says "oops, something went wrong." Can anyone help me?
  • plan14year
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify logout after reboot

Hi, I've a problem with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" device. After I reboot my device it's signed out when I open Spotify. When I logout all my (offline) downloads are 'gone'. When I try to redownload them they'll go to my internal storage i...

• Hi,   I've a problem with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" device. After I reboot my device it's signed out when I open Spotify. When I logout all my (offline) downloads are 'gone'. When ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Q] recommended songs based on current playlist in android app

On spotify for desktop, I found a great feature "RECOMMENED SONGS BASED ON THE SONGS IN THIS PLYALIST" How can I get this feature in android application? I am aware of playlist radio but the feature that I want is different. It allows "on the go addi...

SPOTFS`.jpg
  • Roadie
  • On spotify for desktop, I found a great feature   "RECOMMENED SONGS BASED ON THE SONGS IN THIS PLYALIST"   How can I get this feature in android application? I am aware of playlist radi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify Connect not detect the Spotify Vizio smart TV app?

Why does the Android Spotify app not detect the Spotify Vizio app via Spotify Connect. The Spotify Vizio app has such a terrible UI it would be nice to use my phone to control it.Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if Spotify would add Chromecast su...

• Regular
  • Why does the Android Spotify app not detect the Spotify Vizio app via Spotify Connect. The Spotify Vizio app has such a terrible UI it would be nice to use my phone to control it. Of course, this ...
  • chrisj1913
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify re-downloading entire songlist and deleted my prior downloaded playlists

Hi all, I have around 2500 songs in various playlists and around 600 are stored locally on my phone. In a perfect world I would store all the songs on my phone, but I sadly don't have enough space. Cue today, glancing at my phone, I see spotify downl...

• Hi all,   I have around 2500 songs in various playlists and around 600 are stored locally on my phone. In a perfect world I would store all the songs on my phone, but I sadly don't have enough...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problem
    re-download
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

only playing on shuffle

My music is only playing on shuffle and when I try to pick a song from my playlist it says I need to upgrade to premium of which I don't have the resources to do so.

• My music is only playing on shuffle and when I try to pick a song from my playlist it says I need to upgrade to premium of which I don't have the resources to do so.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Se desconecta

Por favor ayuda tengo un par de años usando spotify y hace 3 semanas empezó a fallar, estoy escuchando Música en modo offline y después de 6 canciones se apaga la aplicación. Ayuda como lo solucionó

• Por favor ayuda tengo un par de años usando spotify y hace 3 semanas empezó a fallar, estoy escuchando Música en modo offline y después de 6 canciones se apaga la aplicación. Ayuda como lo solucionó
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android notifications disrupt music

Galaxy s5, Spotify 2.4.0.815 When a notification arrives, such as an email or hangout message, the volume goes out for a second then comes back. I have seen references to this being an issue in the past, and everyone says it is fixed? My phone is hav...

• Music Fan
  • Galaxy s5, Spotify 2.4.0.815   When a notification arrives, such as an email or hangout message, the volume goes out for a second then comes back. I have seen references to this being an issue...
  • pulque
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing music stored on SD

Is it possible to play music stored in the SD card. This are song files from iTunes and CD's copied from my computer to my SD card, not downloaded from the Spotify app amd made available offline.

• Regular
  • Is it possible to play music stored in the SD card. This are song files from iTunes and CD's copied from my computer to my SD card, not downloaded from the Spotify app amd made available offline.
  • CE_1990
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Will downloaded songs play from my device, instead of streaming, when NOT in offline mode

As the subject asks, will songs downloaded to my device (phone in this case) play before they are streamed when NOT in offline mode. If I go to my playlist of downloaded songs and click on a song, will that song play from the device or will it stream...

• As the subject asks, will songs downloaded to my device (phone in this case) play before they are streamed when NOT in offline mode.   If I go to my playlist of downloaded songs and click on a...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps deleting my music

Fix this.One minute ill be downloading new songs, setting up playlists, then my entire library gets wiped. Had to redownload my entire library 3 times this week.You also cant rearrange playlists, drag songs back and forth in order with the android ap...

• Fix this. One minute ill be downloading new songs, setting up playlists, then my entire library gets wiped. Had to redownload my entire library 3 times this week. You also cant rearrange playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music undownloads whenever I close the app

Hi, I'm on the Galaxy S5 and whevnever I open Spotify It's always downloading 30 to 100 songs, even after I've downloaded them. It's been happening for about 2 to 3 weeks ever since I downloaded 2 new albums, and I've deleted those albums to see if t...

• Hi,      I'm on the Galaxy S5 and whevnever I open Spotify It's always downloading 30 to 100 songs, even after I've downloaded them. It's been happening for about 2 to 3 weeks ever si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends/Artist Noitifications suddenly stopped working

Greetings! Noticed that my friends/arttist notifications stopped updating 4 days ago. I also tried sharing a couple of songs, but they didn't show up either. I deleted cache, but no effect. wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Or at the ver...

• Visitor
  • Greetings!   Noticed that my friends/arttist notifications stopped updating 4 days ago. I also tried sharing a couple of songs, but they didn't show up either. I deleted cache, but no eff...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes