Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vision Impared - Removing local files - Spotify Connect

Vision Impared - Removing local files - Spotify Connect

Good day,

I know the following and here's my current situation:
- Spotify Connect (Wi-Fi) only plays songs from the spotify library and not your local files
- I have the latest 1.0.33.xx on my windows machine
- I see my "local" files and they are grayed out which is FINE
- I simply want to know what those files are because it's extremely hard for me to see the grey font style with my vision
- I plan to hopefully find most of these "local" files on Spotify so i can finally hear them using Spotify Connect

Please don't say use bluetooth or other connection type because I have an investment that uses Spotify Connect and I'm at a point where I've given up on everything else and just need to know what my darn local files were so i can search for them again.

Thank you in advance,
Heap

7 Replies

Hi. I'm not entirely sure I'm answering the right questions but here goes.

You cannot play local files through connect. If you wish to play your local files on android, you will need to download them onto your mobile. Full instructions on doing this are here.

Let me know if I misunderstood you.

Hello. I know you can't play local files via Spotify Connect, that's why I'm trying to find the names of the files so I can look them up on Spotify and not use my local files anymore. I know it won't be 100 percent but I am fine with that.

I'm visually impaired and it's near impossible for me to see the files in the desktop app. I was hoping if there's a way to export the entire playlist in txt/CSV or whatever is available so it's easier to read and decipher.

Thank you.

You can do this using the desktop client. Select all tracks using ctrl-a then click on one and drag into wordpad, word, excel or an editor of your choice. 

Thank you very much. I will try that and I greatly appreciate your suggestion.

Good day,

When I "drag" the songs from the playlist to MS word, it only sohws the URL and not the name of the song or artist.  Hmmmmm... 

If the track is in the spotify catalogue, the URL will take the form:

https://open.spotify.com/track/.....

If it isn't in the catalogue, it will show the track title in the URL and start with:

https://open.spotify.com/local/...

Spaces in the title are replaced by %20 which is a bit messy. You may need to jiggle word to show full URLs instead of links. Alternatively, Excel may be a better tool. There's no way I know of to show the arist names though.

Thank you Joe. I guess at the end, there's no easy way to simply export the entire playlist and then that output shows what's a local file andat's not. Hitting CTL+A doesn't work for me unfortunately.

Suggested posts