Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

LG K8 and Dell Inspiron 15

Operating System

Android 6.0 and Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

Recently, both the android app and the desktop app updated (I'm not sure what changed in the desktop version, but now the library is different on my smartphone and the liked songs are a playlist named "Liked Songs"). Since then, whenever I click to save an album, none of the album's songs are saved; I can see the album in my saved albums, but none of its songs are saved. This also applies for the web browser.

This user had a similar problem, and I tried doing a deep clean of Spotify on my phone as one of the replies suggested, but that didn't solve anything. And even so, I don't see how that would solve the problem on the desktop app.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Saving-album-not-working-correctly/td-p/4711407

Is there anyway to solve this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes they did this on purpose. For some users, they want to be able to play Albums like concept albums, symphonic albums, or soundtracks without having the songs saved to their main song list.

You can still save the songs of an album by clicking on the 3-dot menu button to the right of the list of albums (not from the album page unfortunately). From that menu you can like the album, send album to a playlist, or like all songs from the album. Liking all songs will add them to the liked songs list.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

this isnt a bug. its intentional design. spotify actually thought this was a good idea. its all part of the update.

I think youre right, its something they did on porpuse.
Its really a pain to have to "double" add the songs.

Spotify crew, please remove this "new" function 😞

Untitled.jpg

Welcome to the new update, roll back asap

i rolled back and the function remained. you cant change it.

Marked as solution

Yes they did this on purpose. For some users, they want to be able to play Albums like concept albums, symphonic albums, or soundtracks without having the songs saved to their main song list.

You can still save the songs of an album by clicking on the 3-dot menu button to the right of the list of albums (not from the album page unfortunately). From that menu you can like the album, send album to a playlist, or like all songs from the album. Liking all songs will add them to the liked songs list.

Suggested posts