Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Since the last 2 weeks im not able to save an album to my songs like i did before. The save album button just doesnt do anything. I have to manually save the songs whenever i wanna save the whole album. This behaviour is happening on my phone and on Windows. I think its like that since Spotify renamed "Songs" to Songs that you like on the android app. Does anyone know if this is intended or not? Is someone experiencing the same? I didnt find anything about this issue here :/.

3 Replies

Hi @jonasdreisus,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Have you checked how many songs you have saved to "Your Library"? The maximum amount of songs you're able to save is 10.000.

If it's not full, try uninstalling the app and then re-installing it to see if things change. The songs you've already saved to "Your Library" will not disappear.

Also, a workaround would be to "Add album to playlist" and create a separate playlist for that album, or the ones you'd like to save. I understand this option isn't optimal. "Your Library" should work - unless it's full.

All the best!

/Robert

Hi, 

thanks for the quick answers! I just checked if i had reached the limit of 10k songs saved but ive only saved about a little more than 4k so that cant be the problem :/.

Ive also tried deinstalling and then reinstalling the app both on windows and android. That sadly doesnt solve the problem.

How unfortunate 😞

Try doing a "deep clean" of Spotify:

1. Go to System Settings
  2. Go to "Apps" 
  3. Find Spotify
  4. On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"
  5. Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.
  6. Then tap "Uninstall" to remove the app.
  7. After uninstalling, restart your phone.
  8. Use your phone's file manager or a USB-cable connected to a computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and make sure you find and delete these folders:
    -  com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
    -  /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
    -  /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
    -  /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
    -  /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  9. Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

Lastly, if it doesn't work or if you're not really interested in keeping on troubleshooting, please feel free to reach out to Spotify's Customer Support. Once again explaining your situation, they'll hopefully have some genius kind of step-by-step solution for you to try.

Technical Issues -> Other -> "I still need help"

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Robert

Suggested posts