Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saving to SD Card on Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Solved!

Saving to SD Card on Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Hello everyone,

I'm an owner of a Moto X Style (Moto X Pure in US) and was having trouble saving my albums and playlists to the SD Card storage. I followed the entire android issues guide on SD Cards, but NOTHING worked. Until I went into the App Properties and saw that it did not have any permissions. And then, it clicked. Spotify didn't have Storage permission.

So, I followed the guide again: cleared cache, uninstalled the app, made sure the "com.spotify.music" folder was deleted on both internal and external storages, turned my device off and on again, re-downloaded the app and, before opening it, went to its properties to give storage permissions. What I did afterwards was to manually create the aforementioned folder on the sdcard folder Android/data. Then, logged onto the app, selected extreme quality and, voilá, problem solved!

Hope the mods can add this tip to the guide, to help anyone out there with Marshmallow.

67 Replies

See my answer dude!

I have the same issue with Nougat 7.0 Cyanogenmod ROM. Any luck on that front?

This worked for me and needs less messing about than other suggestions

http://jimcofer.com/personal/2016/02/20/spotify-marshmallow-and-sd-cards/

So you have to root a phone to use the SD Card now?

Marked as solution

Fantastic, this worked on my Moto G4. Tried everything and nthing worked before this so must relate to the app (storage) permission. Thanks for sharing.

Hey! Great but a word of advice: Keep a close watch! My G4 works for a
couple of hours, loses the storage and strarts downloading the entire
library to the internal storage again. Not funny...

Thank you sooooo much! I didn't know what else to do!

Spoiler

Worked for me, and I'm on an old Vodafone Smart Prime 6, with Lollipop. Thanks heaps!

Suggested posts