Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Samsung & Realme devices

Operating System

Android 14 & 11

My Question or Issue

Since recently (less than two months ago) when the mobile phone is connected by bluetooth to the car radio (there are several cars with different radios and they are not Android Auto devices), if I leave the Spotify player screen active (where the cover of the song, previous, pause, next... controls appear), the mobile screen remains active indefinitely. It never turns off.
If instead of Spotify I leave the phone's home screen and Spotify on in the background, the screen turns off normally (after 30 seconds) and the music continues to play.
Until recently (the change was made on both phones, which have different versions of Android) this didn't happen. I could leave the Spotify player on in the foreground and if I didn't touch anything the screen would turn itself off, which seems to me to be the right behaviour.
I have the latest version of Spotify on both devices.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @frlg,

Thanks for posting on the Community! 

Could you double-check so that Keep Spotify open is switched off in the app settings? You can find this by going to Settings > Car. Since this feature is related to the Car Mode, and if it's switched on, the screen will stay active as long as you're connected to the car.

If that doesn't do the trick, or if it's already switched off, it's worth trying to clear stored cache to see if it makes any difference. We also recommend checking the settings of both phones, to see if there are any preset screen lock timers that may affect this.

We hope this helps! Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @frlg,

Thanks for posting on the Community! 

Could you double-check so that Keep Spotify open is switched off in the app settings? You can find this by going to Settings > Car. Since this feature is related to the Car Mode, and if it's switched on, the screen will stay active as long as you're connected to the car.

If that doesn't do the trick, or if it's already switched off, it's worth trying to clear stored cache to see if it makes any difference. We also recommend checking the settings of both phones, to see if there are any preset screen lock timers that may affect this.

We hope this helps! Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Indeed, in the settings, under "car", the option "keep application open on screen" was enabled. Once deactivated, it works normally.
Thanks

Suggested posts