Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search not working "oops, something went wrong"

Search not working "oops, something went wrong"

So since the last update my search is not working. I have tried reinstalling the app, signing up for beta app, adding Spotify related urls to whitelist in ad blocker, all to no avail. Any ideas? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Oneplus 5t

Operating System

Android nougat

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

Hey @Ronniespam, sorry to hear that this is affecting you too 😕

This is, however, an issue that Spotify is aware of, and is currently looking into. You can find more information about their progress here. Go ahead and head over to that topic and vote on it so the developers know that it's affecting you too. And make sure to leave a comment with the relative information so they can address it efficiently!

I am also facing the issue that my search is not working and always says "Oops, something went wrong"

But it looks like the link you posted addresses another issue not related to the search 😕

This issue has been persisting for months for me, would greatly appreciate some resolution from Spotify. Otherwise a discount for all users affected should be given by Spotify as a gesture of goodwill. 

Did you already try to switch back to an older version of Spotify?

I just updated my years-old version to the newest one and now my search is broken

I have an OnePlus 3

Where do I get an old version? 

You can find older versions on Apkmirror.

Can anyone recommend a working version and are the files there legit? Still ridiculous if this is the only solution, any update Spotify staff? 

Hey just came back to tell you that I solved the issue with the non-worling search by downloading version 8.4.77.779

And apkmirror is the only site you can fully trust. You can compare the signatures of the apk files there to ensure they are not modified in any way.

Suggested posts