Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ditching spotify

PlanPremiumCountry JapanDevicehonor 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, My Question or Issue The amount of music that has been stripped from my playlists, is just unbearable. I notice new songs disappearing everyday, Jay Z, daft punk most recently. You ne...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  Japan Device honor 9 Operating System Android Oreo,   My Question or Issue  The amount of music that has been stripped from my playlists, i...
  • swashbucklin89
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Whats happening to the app in Android?!

Whats going on witrh Premium?!I've used it for years with a few platforms.On Android all the downloads are disappearing, yet the SD card shows as full. The option to delete the downloads has gone, so I have to reinstall the app once or twice per mont...

• Music Fan
  • Whats going on witrh Premium?! I've used it for years with a few platforms. On Android all the downloads are disappearing, yet the SD card shows as full.  The option to delete the download...
  • tyoga1
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App pausing,crushing samsung j8

Hi, I recently buaght a new phone (samsung j8) and my spotify app keeps stopping/crashing I tried the suggestions I read online none of them worked. Please help.Thank you!

• Hi, I recently buaght a new phone (samsung j8) and my spotify app keeps stopping/crashing I tried the suggestions I read online none of them worked. Please help. Thank you!  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone keeps crashing

Hi thanks for the message but I'm having awful trouble with Spotify. As soon as a song starts playing on my app it's crashes and returns to my phone's home page. I have the premium account for now but no point in having it if the thing keeps crashing...

• Hi thanks for the message but I'm having awful trouble with Spotify. As soon as a song starts playing on my app it's crashes and returns to my phone's home page. I have the premium account for now bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not loading on Home tab

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceOne plus 6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Black space where the playlists should load

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device One plus 6 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Black space where the playlists should load
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Button Next/Back BRE02JY Xiaomi type C Earphone doesn't work.

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceXiaomi Mi A2 Android One 2018Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or Issue Next/Back song doesn't work on my new BRE02JY Xiaomi type C Earphone. I can only Pause/Play and voice with the middle button on the...

• Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Xiaomi Mi A2 Android One 2018 Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue  Next/Back song doesn't work on my new BRE02JY...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download to SD Card option no longer available

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThis morning I discovered that all of my songs are no longer downloaded. I downloaded them again, but now there's no option for me to store my songs on my SD card. Cli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue This morning I discovered that all of my songs are no longer downloaded. I downloaded them agai...
  • daniel051529
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

My Spotify suddenly changed

PlanPremium Country Israel DeviceXI 6Operating System(Android.) My Question or Issue My Spoti suddenly changed, there are things missing in the menu bar as you can see in teh photo. Tried to reinstall it - didn't work. Made sure my payment is correct...

•   Plan Premium   Country  Israel  Device XI 6 Operating System (Android.)   My Question or Issue  My Spoti suddenly changed, there are things missing in the ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No name of song updates with Parrot mki 9100

- Premium account- Several devices: Moto X play, Mi a2, S9. When a put a playlist or radio in spotify the first song sent the name/album information to the parrot system and it is showed in the screen but when the song finish and start the next one t...

• - Premium account - Several devices: Moto X play, Mi a2, S9.  When a put a playlist or radio in spotify the first song sent the name/album information to the parrot system and it is showed in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs starts from beginning after a few seconds

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceGalaxy s7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSo i put my phone on charge last night after the gym.Was listening to spotify entire time and didnt touch any setting,This morning i started up spotify and hit a track...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Galaxy s7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue So i put my phone on charge last night after the gym. Was listening to spotify entire...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops playing

PlanFreeCountry MalaysiaDeviceVivo Y53Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue This wasn't an issue for me before but lately whenever I open other apps pr camera my music stops except when I'm on Pinterest, whatsap...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Malaysia Device Vivo Y53 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  This wasn't an issue for me before but latel...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing

Every time I log on and stay on the spotify app it crashes about 10 seconds into the song, if I play it in the background it works absolutely fine and it's working completely normal on my iPad which hasn't had the new update. I've tried everything I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I log on and stay on the spotify app it crashes about 10 seconds into the song, if I play it in the background it works absolutely fine and it's working completely normal on my iPad which ...
  • Lokiehe
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    Crash
    Update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have no personalized playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGalaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid/Windows My Question or IssueI have been premium for about a month and have no personalized playlists. No New Releases for you, No Discover Weely, No Release Radar. Nothing. I JUST got a tiny ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Galaxy S9 Operating System Android/Windows   My Question or Issue I have been premium for about a month and have no personalized playlists.   No N...
  • milob
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing - only plays songs for few seconds then crashes

PlanPremiumCountry NZDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7Operating SystemAndriod 8.0.0 I've tried all solutions I can find, only started happening yesterday. Crashes on my phone only - offline, online and with data, works fine on my computer. I've reinstalled, del...

• Plan Premium Country  NZ Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Operating System Andriod 8.0.0   I've tried all solutions I can find, only started happening yesterday. Crashes on my phone only - ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas

Boa tarde! Estou passando por problemas com o aplicativo. Assim como muitas outras pessoas também estão passando pela mesma situação. A última versão ou atualização está fazendo o aplicativo finalizar/desligar automaticamente. Peço que corrijam este ...

•    Boa tarde! Estou passando por problemas com o aplicativo. Assim como muitas outras pessoas também estão passando pela mesma situação. A última versão ou atualização está fazendo o aplic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify android completely broken

PlanPremiumCountry IndonesiaDeviceVivo Y83Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueJust bought new phone cause i lost my phone, this one arguably much better than my old phone, YET theres LOT of issue on spotify, and so far, spotify is the on...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Indonesia Device Vivo Y83 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Just bought new phone cause i lost my phone, this one arguably much better tha...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Music interuptions (10-15sec in)

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Samsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemUp to date My Question or Issue I am new and trying the free version of this app to see if I switch feom the one I am paying for now. For the first two days the app worked fine. Then late yeste...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Up to date    My Question or Issue  I am new and trying the free version of this app to see if I switch feom ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Application downloaded from Play Store is outdated

PlanPremiumCountryFrance Device(Galaxy S6)Operating System(Android 7.0) My Question or Issue Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me with my problem.This morning, I decided to clean my phone a bit. So I deleted the 15Go of saved songs I had on Spo...

• Plan Premium Country France   Device (Galaxy S6) Operating System (Android 7.0)   My Question or Issue   Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me with my problem. This m...
  • _taku_
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify update

Spotify PremiumPortugalAndroid 8Hello. I got the new spotify update yesterday. My main issue is when I try to use the search box spotify app crashes, I have to restart it and with no search results, it simply doesn't work. Already cleanned cache, uni...

• Spotify Premium Portugal Android 8 Hello. I got the new spotify update yesterday. My main issue is when I try to use the search box spotify app crashes, I have to restart it and with no search res...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played list too short

Plan PremiumCountry GreeceDevice Essential PH-1 phone, Microsoft Surface BookOperating system Android pie, Windows 10My Question or Issue:Why is the list of recently played items so short? When using the Android and Windows 10 apps it is only 30 item...

• Plan Premium Country Greece Device Essential PH-1 phone, Microsoft Surface Book Operating system Android pie, Windows 10 My Question or Issue: Why is the list of recently played items so short? ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes