Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search within playlist not appearing when swiping down

Solved!

Search within playlist not appearing when swiping down

Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Motorola z2 play xt1070

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Few months ago I was able to search within the playlist by swiping down. Now nothing happens the option to search is gone. 

videotogif_2018.09.13_11.13.03.gif

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FernanDK,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It looks like you are using our Free tier. Seeing that you can play playlists in shuffle only, we've removed the filter. If you'd like to enjoy all features, you'll need to upgrade to Premium.

Hope this clarifies some things 🙂

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello @FernanDK!

Pull down to refresh feature was removed. You can find the search and sort options for playlist under the three dot menu.

Screenshot_20181204-194200__01.jpg

View solution in original post

12 Replies

You have to swipe down from the top of the playlist then a search bar appears. If it doesn't then reinstall your app.

Swiping down does not bring the filter like it used to. I did uninstall and clear the cache. Then I reinstalled but the issue continues. Swiping down does NOT bring the filter / sorter. The app version is 8.4.68.911.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. It works for me so yeah, weird. 

Up where's the support from Deb team

Up! The search is nowhere to be found. Swiping down doesn't bring it. What should I do?

I've updated OP with a GIF

Hi!

Have you tried unfollowing and then refollowing the playlist? Also there should be an updated version of Spotify out now. I suggest you unfollow the playlist, clear Spotify's app data and cache, uninstall the app, reinstall the app and follow the playlist again.

It looks different to me:Screenshot_20180913-174444.jpg

Hope this helps.

The issue presents itself in all playlists, not just the ones I follow. I have deleted the cache and data from the Spotify app, uninstalled it and reinstalled, the issue persists. If I swipe down, the search bar does not show up.

Marked as solution

Hey @FernanDK,

It looks like you are using our Free tier. Seeing that you can play playlists in shuffle only, we've removed the filter. If you'd like to enjoy all features, you'll need to upgrade to Premium.

Have a nice day!

yes it is the free tier. I suspected this but I needed confirmation.

well, since there's nothing new to add in the paid tier it makes sense from a business point of view remove old conveniences from the free tier to incentivize the use of the paid tier.. 

maybe you should remove the previous track button, oh pardon my silliness me you've actually already done that. I think the next obvious step is removing the volume bar then. I mean it is really necessary and well, if people want to control the volume they should pay for such feature.

thanks very much for clearing it up Guido

@Guido wrote:

Hey @FernanDK,

Have a nice day!

Guido Now it's paid tier, not free. Keeps happening with all playlists. I can't access the "search within playlist" feature, it simply doesn't show up when I swipe down. Here's how it looks, nothing happens
:

videotogif_2018.12.05_09.40.19.gif

What now?

Marked as solution

Hello @FernanDK!

Pull down to refresh feature was removed. You can find the search and sort options for playlist under the three dot menu.

Screenshot_20181204-194200__01.jpg

Suggested posts