Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Share music not work

Hi,I have spotify Premium on my Onepluse 3t (Android 8.0.0 with OxygenOS 5.0.4).I'm unable to do a "Share" on a song or playlist. When i do it the app stop to work and i have a redirect to the home (the music is stopped).I've already tried reinstalli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have spotify Premium on my Onepluse 3t (Android 8.0.0 with OxygenOS 5.0.4). I'm unable to do a "Share" on a song or playlist. When i do it the app stop to work and i have a redirect to the ...
  • xinaian
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App keeps pausing while browsing albums, playlist & songs

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceHuawei p20Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 emui 8.1.0.164 My Question or Issue The app keeps pausing and restarting the current song while I'm both browsing through the app and also while trying to open any website. It is ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Huawei p20 Operating System Android 8.1.0 emui 8.1.0.164   My Question or Issue  The app keeps pausing and restarting the current song whi...
  • axelmeldau
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app on Motorola E5 not working

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceMOTOROLA E5Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI recently bought my Morotola E5 and immediately installed the Spotify app. The issue I had right away was that first the app seemed to be an older version and...

• Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device MOTOROLA E5 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I recently bought my Morotola E5 and immediately installed the Spotify ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution PLAYLIST SAVED SONGS DONT SHOW ON "MUSIC"

So, I recentely moved from Apple Music to Spotify and used an external service to export playlists... Everything went well, I have 3 playlists on Spotify which I already downloaded all the songs in it, but in the fact I only created those playlist so...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I recentely moved from Apple Music to Spotify and used an external service to export playlists... Everything went well, I have 3 playlists on Spotify which I already downloaded all the songs in i...
  • Fleurish
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search does not work when trying to enter something with huaweis p20 pro SwiftKey keyboard

PlanPremiumCountryLithuania DeviceHuawei p20 proOperating SystemEmui latest (Android based) My Question or Issue I just recently got a new phone and from android store I downloaded spotify. When trying to use search, when I enter 1 or two keys, it ju...

• Plan Premium Country Lithuania  Device Huawei p20 pro Operating System Emui latest (Android based)   My Question or Issue  I just recently got a new phone and from android st...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Old Spotify Version

PlanPremiumCountry AustriaDeviceHuawei P20 liteOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueCan anyone please explain to me why do I have the old spotify version? Version 1.2.5.3

•   PlanPremium Country  Austria Device Huawei P20 lite Operating System Android  My Question or Issue Can anyone please explain to me why do I have the old spotify version?&nbs...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

"Spotify Keeps Stopping" New Galaxy S9 Android 8.0.0

sDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I just got a brand new galaxy s9 running oreo, and can't get spotify up and running. It just says "Spotify keeps stopping". I tried clearing the cache, doing a clean install, an...

• Casual Listener
  •   sDevice Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I just got a brand new galaxy s9 running oreo, and can't get spotify up and running.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop App Blows, not to mention Android App

Macbook Pro Mid 2012Samsung Galaxy 8 Hi, Has anyone else been having difficulties with both the Desktop app and Android app? It's getting to the point where I may have to switch platforms. The Desktop app is unresponsive most days, it takes about 25 ...

•   Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Samsung Galaxy 8    Hi,    Has anyone else been having difficulties with both the Desktop app and Android app? It's getting to the poin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't log in - complicated

PlanFreeCountry U.S./MexicoDeviceMoto G5 My Question or Issue I registered for Spotify when I was in Mexico earlier this year, but I am in the U.S. now and this is where I'll be for the duration. I can't login on the Android app. It won't recognize m...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country  U.S./Mexico Device Moto G5   My Question or Issue  I registered for Spotify when I was in Mexico earlier this year, but I am in the U.S. now and this...
  • vtstang66
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not playing

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I know this has been mentioned before I googled it first, but there seems to be no solution, so I'll ask post it again: I have the paid for app and an extensiv...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I know this has been mentioned before I googled it first, but there ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with Song Full Picture Display on Android Car Radio

Country SwitzerlandDeviceXTRONS PB78JCCPOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Befor the last Update, The Screen of the Music Titel was good to show, but after Update is the Titel Picture very small. The first Picture is after Update, the ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Country  Switzerland Device XTRONS PB78JCCP Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Befor the last Update, The Screen of the Music Titel was goo...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect will not connect

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueMy spotify has worked flawlessly for the last couple of years. Recently, I've been having connection issues on both my phone & laptop. (I have a a ga...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue My spotify has worked flawlessly for the last couple of years. Re...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps cutting out

PlanPremium CountryUK DeviceSamsung Galaxy Edge Operating System Android My Question or IssueYesterday my Spotify just started to cut out about 4 seconds into each song. I didn't think much of it but today it is doing the same. I have done the follow...

• Plan Premium  Country UK    Device Samsung Galaxy Edge  Operating System  Android    My Question or Issue Yesterday my Spotify just started to cut out ab...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Discover Weekly] Keep suggesting me Polish songs

Hi,Every week I get polish songs suggested. I keep trying to dislike all Polish authors but the amount off suggestions is not getting lower. Can somebody remove once and for all Polish songs from my discover weekly lists? Maybe there is a hidden opti...

•    Hi, Every week I get polish songs suggested. I keep trying to dislike all Polish authors but the amount off suggestions is not getting lower. Can somebody remove once and for all Polis...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Can not share Spotify songs on Instagram in my honor 9

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceHonor 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Do you have a solution to this problem?I would like to know if anyone knows if there are any solutions to be able to share the Spotify songs on Instagram. Because ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Honor 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Do you have a solution to this problem?I would like to know if anyone knows i...
  • Selenyas
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played not showing entire album

Subscription: PremiumCountryCanada Device(Samsung Galaxy Operating System (Android Oreo.) My Question or Issue Hey I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. When i click on an album thats is in my recently played, it only shows the downloaded ...

• Subscription: Premium Country Canada  Device (Samsung Galaxy 😎 Operating System  (Android Oreo.)   My Question or Issue    Hey I was wondering if anyone else ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android App
    Android Galaxy s8
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecasting silence

Spotify is casting silence when I try to cast from my Pixel 2 XL to any of my Chromecast devices in my house (several - Google Home, Chromecast Audio, etc). I can see the song advancing on my phone, but nothing is coming out of my Chromecast attached...

• Regular
  • Spotify is casting silence when I try to cast from my Pixel 2 XL to any of my Chromecast devices in my house (several - Google Home, Chromecast Audio, etc).   I can see the song advancing on m...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App opens on my phone when playing spotify on my computer

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMoto g5+Operating SystemAndroid 7.0Spotify App version8.4.70.666 armV7 My Question or IssueWhen I play spotify via my computer, the spotify App on my phone opens and I can see the song that is being played. It doesn't actual...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Moto g5+ Operating System Android 7.0 Spotify App version 8.4.70.666 armV7   My Question or Issue When I play spotify via my computer, the spotify...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify trying to play songs not downloaded when offline

I'm frequently having many problems with Spotify but unfortunately it's the least garbage music streaming app I've tried so I just have to suck it up. My current major problem is Spotify trying to play songs that I don't have downloaded when I don't ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm frequently having many problems with Spotify but unfortunately it's the least garbage music streaming app I've tried so I just have to suck it up.   My current major problem is Spotify try...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps on signing out of my account...HELP!!!

Hello, I am using Spotify for Android. Spotify keeps signing me out whenever I open the app, and it's NOT because I cleared the app's data.It's because whenever I close the app, it signs me out. I don't know why this happened, but I didn't even hit "...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I am using Spotify for Android. Spotify keeps signing me out whenever I open the app, and it's NOT because I cleared the app's data. It's because whenever I close the app, it signs m...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes