Country

USA

Device

Pixel 4

Operating System

Android 11

Version

My Question or Issue

Recently sections of my 'Liked' songs have become unplayable if I were to tap on them. They are not greyed out and will play when using the desktop and web app versions of Spotify. On mobile, the songs in question will play when shuffling; If I want to select it manually, I have to hit 'View Album' and select the song. If I were too unlike, then re-like the song, it plays.

I have tried logging out of my Spotify account, force stopping the app, clearing the cache, uninstalling, restarting my phone, and currently, the app is up-to-date.

3 Replies

Hey @STContinuum,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

If that doesn't fix things, could you send us a recording of the issue? You can use the Insert Video option, just make sure to hide any private/ sensitive info.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your reply Mihail,

I did a clean install, like you suggested and it did not work. I have attempted to send a video through the 'Insert Video' option, it says that the URL is invalid. It is a link to a google drive folder that has the clip in it and the file size is too big to use the 'Drag and Drop' section.

I appreciate your help.

Hi there @STContinuum,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can try to just paste the link in your post or hyperlinking a word.

Also can you let us know if these specific songs are unplayable on all your devices? If you don't have another device try the web player.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts