Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Selecting a new song in a playlist turns off shuffle and repeat

Selecting a new song in a playlist turns off shuffle and repeat

Every time i pick a song on a playlist, it turns off shuffle and repeat, even if I'm using my phone to control my desktop app. Is there a way I can make the functionality go back to when it remembered that shuffle or repeat was on instead of having to turn it back on every time?

34 Replies

You should not have to do this. Shuffle used to stay on always, that's how other media players operate *including* spotify's desktop app!

Same issue here. Every time I select song from playlist, It switches off shuffle and repeat. And I do that very often since I enjoy listening to newly added songs. I use Xperia Z5 Compact. I hope Spotify will fix this bug soon. It has been weeks now and it is realy annoying. I give them one month, then I will start to look for alternative.

This literally started happening to me today >~< When i change a song or playlist all the buttons turn off and they won't stay on! I managed to get ONE song change to work and as I celebrated I tried it once more to be sure and it shut off 😕

I've got the same issue, running spotify on an S8+ and it's incredibly annoying.

Im so glad im not the only one experienceing this. I ride a motorbike so when I pick a song near the end of the list and FORGET TO RE-ENABLE repeat/shuffle it stops.  If they removed it they are stupid. If its a bug the need to get on this asap....

This is totally stupid. I really hope that it is a bug and not an intended feature. I'm really considering moving from Spotify, it's really annoying me for the past month 

Hello everyone, what I did for solving this really annoying problem is, delete the app and then download the apk from internet. I downloaded the latest beta (version 8.4.56.803) instead of the 8.4.55.521 found in the playstore. Maybe it's not the safest way, but it worked for me. I hope it works for you all.

PS: make sure you download the official APK and not any modded.

Best regards

@zirulo  

Will version 8.4.56.803 be the next update for spotify users?

I really hope this is going to be fixed. Such a pain. I almost always want shuffle and repeat apart from the very few times I'll specifically turn it off.

Sama problem here, started about 2 weeks ago. I'm using Samsung Galaxy s8 and super annoying and even dangerous.. I'm working as a driver so its really annoying issue. Please fix it asap.

Can confirm that downloading the beta (8.4.56.803) APK solved this issue. Hopefully this will be the next officially update released by Spotify. 

Trying the beta now. 

Beta working so far, I also had a problem with crazy slow loading times so I'll update to see if that is fixed as well. So far so good! 

This is horrible! Change it back!

Why change the way shuffle has functioned for years??? I am constantly turning on the option. It feels like a cheap way to segway users into the auto-play feature when the playlist is over, instead my music constantly always stops.

Spotify released an update, this fixed the issue for me. (Galaxy S7 Edge)

Suggested posts