Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Send Track Info Over Bluetooth?

Send Track Info Over Bluetooth?

Hi all,

I just put a Pioneer AVH-P4400BH in my Jeep. It's great and A2DP streaming works pretty great with Spotify so far. I seem to be able to change tracks with my steering wheel controls which is awesome. However, the display can apparently show track info from some programs with Bluetooth, and I am wondering if this can be done in Spotify. 

I believe this is part of the AVRCP 1.3 profile, which my phone supports.. I guess we just need this in Spotify.

Is there a 3rd party app that will do this in the meantime?

7 Replies

Hi there. This is on the wishlist. Spotify don't comment on plans to feature develop new features though so we don't know if or when it will be included. http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Im a premium customer. I just bought an 345000 sek car and an Samsung S3.And then after realised that a cant stream music via bluetooth.

every thing is brand new and bought for 2 days ago.

im not glad about this, but for sure. I this ap not working in a short time of day. thi preminum custumer find an other app that work.

@qadmin,

If you can't stream via Bluetooth at all, then it's got nothing to do with Spotify I'd say, but the ability to do so, support lacking from the car stereo itself. I'm in the same spot as you. My car has integrated bluetooth but the car stereo system doesn't support A2DP (Bluetooth Media), only Bluetooth Hands Free.

So I'm using it via 2 x RCA connectors -> 3.5mm Stereo plugin.

If your car stereo has the A2DP support and you can play music from the S3 using it, then theres something fishy about it.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Is it a little bit ironic, that spotify won't add support for avrcp metadata and it's still easy to implement with the patch linked above?

Hello! I'm having an issue with my car (2013 Corolla) displaying spotify track info... I have a Razr Maxx running Android. It just shows the last track played on Google Play Music... When my girlfriend connects her iphone 5 it DOES display track info but just not mine... Has this feature been implented in the Android version of the app??? Thanks! 

Suggested posts