Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Settings unavailable on phone app

Settings unavailable on phone app

Today I noticed that some of the setting were unavailable in the app on my phone. I have a Samsung Samsung Galaxy S8. The app says the Playback settings, Social settings, Audio Quality settings, and Video Quality settings are unavailable now. 

8 Replies

Hey there @denning74, thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you were looking at your Spotify Settings on mobile while you were streaming music with Connect via a different device.

The setting you list are usually unavailable when playback is not from the mobile device directly. If you change the source back to your phone you should be able to access them.

Is that the case for you?

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Does this mean that you can set the equalizer when you're only on your phone and those settings will transfer when you cast? Or that it reverts to flat EQ when you cast?

Hey @mwwi,

Thanks for the reply.

The EQ settings are related to the specific playback device and they're not transferred through Connect. The sound output is fully governed by the device the playback is happening on.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

How do u do that though?

Hi there @mb0qpeksgasumffpy182,

Thanks for the post.

Usually on you amp/ speaker or sound system you'll have options to adjust the sound either on the device itself or through an equalizer app.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That is a weak answer.  why do I not have control of the device where the music is being played when I am connected on another device.  

This is garbage. Who approved this??

Unbelievable disaster! I'm absolutely disappointed with that. Premium account, and I can't use crossfade effect and automix while streaming through Spotify Connect on WiFi speakers! Most of the playback settings unavailable during this connection.

Suggested posts