Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Not Working

Shuffle Not Working

For whatever reason, my playlist isn't playing in shuffle -- only in order. When I tap on where it says to play in shuffle, it displays a popup that says, "This icon means the playlist is available in shuffle." If I go to home, it displays the shuffle icon under my playlist where it's listed under "Recently Played," yet it still only plays my songs in the order in which they were added. 

5 Replies

Having the same issues. I tried reinstalling the Android Spotify app and no luck. This is the case for all my playlists. I tried clearing my queue on the desktop version also but it did not fix the problem.

I have the same issues as both if you are desribing too

Having the same issue!  Playlist is only played in order :(.  Does no one have a fix to this?  

Same problem here. I have 2000 songs in my playlist and it tries to play them in order every time I want to shuffle.

Does Spotify monitor these forums? This app went from being one of my favorite things ever to being completely useless.

I've had basically this same problem for four months (only on Android; Spotify shuffles fine on my other devices). All of my playlists are affected. In my case, while the exact order of songs will vary a bit, "shuffle" always plays them in roughly the order they were added to the playlist. For instance, the first 3 songs that play will ALWAYS be from the first 4 songs on the playlist, even if not in exactly the same order every time. Close the app for a while (or even just leave it idle), reopen it to the same playlist, and it starts over at the beginning. Result: If I listen to the same playlist at various times through the day, I end up hearing the first few songs on the list multiple times and the rest not at all.

I spent two weeks exchanging emails about this with Spotify tech support. While they tried to be helpful, they could not provide a fix or explain why it was happening. A growing number of Android users report having the same issue. It is just maddening.

Suggested posts