Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle and repeat not saved on exit anymore

Shuffle and repeat not saved on exit anymore

Last few Android versions do not remember the shufftle and repeat settings anymore.  I enable it in the playback screen, then next time Spotify runs it's disabled.  Anyone else see this?  Android 4.2.2 on HTC One, but I saw the same on my old Nexus 4 too. 

12 Replies

Are you running the latest version of the app at the moment? It might be worth giving a reinstall a shot, but you'd temporarily lose any offline synced data.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

I run the latest version as of yesterday when I installed it on a new phone, so yes everything is up to date. 

I just checked Spotify right now and it was still in memory.  Shuffle and Repeat was now off again.  I enabled it again, then pressed Home and opened the task manager, killed Spotify, restarted it and it's gone again.   It definately does not either read the setting or fail to save it when enabled. 

This has been fixed for me. Nexus 7 running android 4.2.2 and spotify 0.6.5.183. I followed your steps and shuffle was still on when I relaunched. 

Ok, so this means the environment we run under is different or there is some other mechanism that disables it on my account.  I do use an offline playlist with 1700 songs or so.   However, only a developer would know what is going on by checking the code. 

Same on Android 4.1.2 with 0.6.5.183, for me either the shuffle isn't saved or neither of them are saved. Happened in the last update afaik.

I would like to add my report of this bug as well.

I play Spotify for music via bluetooth to an old laptop every night.  I am using a Bluetooth 2.1 EDR dongle, and have tried using a Nexus 10 on 4.2.2 & 4.3, and a Nexus 7 (2013) on 4.3, and both are experiencing this issue.

Oooh - how do you like your new Nexus 7?

Just to add my despair to this. I fall asleep to music sometimes and last night I was listening to a playlist of around 12 tracks on repeat for about, erm, 4 minutes. After the first track it just stops. Then I check and it has gone back to beginning of the first track, and shuffle and repeat are disabled.

Nexus 7 (sadly not the new one...yet) on Android 4.3

Honestly, I'm loving it.  Best expereince I've ever had on Android, and I don't have one single complaint about the device.

And, to top it all off, the Spotify update yesterday completely fixed the issue I was having!

There seem to be sufficient amount of people seeing this to confirm this is actually a real bug, and probably influences quite a few people.   Should I file a bug are did you already do that, Robbie?

Ignore that, the very latest update from yesterday or so seemed to have fixed it (but without mentioning it in the changelog). 

So all seems to be good now.  Peace and Love. 

Suggested posts