Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle feature seems to not really shuffle?

Solved!

Shuffle feature seems to not really shuffle?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have a Google Pixel 6 Pro with the Spotify app on it and a playlist I created with 1000+ songs. When I listen to it on my Harley and 'shuffle' the songs, within an hour it is playing the same song again, which with 1000 songs it shouldn't in a 8 hour day.  So I forward to next song on my bike, and what happened over the weekend riding it kept going to the same next song when I kept hitting 'forward'. I could not get it to play a different song, so I tried uncliking shuffle and just play songs in order, but I like to mix them up. 

Why will it not find a song that has not been played when in shuffle?

I have the premium plan. Android Spotify version 8.7.36.923

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bdhouse61,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

When you add a song to the queue, it will be played next to the song currently playing. The article sent previously has all the information about how to check the queue, add songs, and remove them depending on your device. In case you missed it, you can check it in this link.

Also, let us know if this issue happens just once, or if it keeps happening after you notice it while riding your Harley? 

We'll be waiting for your next response. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @bdhouse61,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The shuffle feature makes a random listening order without changing the sort of the playlist. However, if the Repeat button  is on, the songs may repeat from time to time.
First, let's cover the basics. Could you check if the track was added repeatedly to the queue by mistake? Also, would you mind checking if the Repeat button is on? If so, turn it off by hitting the button until it turns gray to see if it makes any difference.

Lastly, to keep investigating your case, include in your next response the Android version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

The repeat button was not on, didn't even know what it was on my app.

Could you check if the track was added repeatedly to the queue by mistake? How do you do that and if I did by mistake, how would I know it?

running Android version 12

Marked as solution

Hey @bdhouse61,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

When you add a song to the queue, it will be played next to the song currently playing. The article sent previously has all the information about how to check the queue, add songs, and remove them depending on your device. In case you missed it, you can check it in this link.

Also, let us know if this issue happens just once, or if it keeps happening after you notice it while riding your Harley? 

We'll be waiting for your next response. 

OscarDCModerator

really didn't change anything on listening to my playlist or the setting BUT it seems to be working better, not consistently playing the same songs after 2 hours.

Suggested posts