Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle follows similar "paths", repeats songs.

Shuffle follows similar "paths", repeats songs.

Premium

UK

Device

OnePlus 7 Pro, Google Home Mini, BT speaker.

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist with 2,500+ songs, but recently I've found the shuffle function is far from random. Most songs haven't once come up in around a month of regular (3-4h a day) usage, and yet I've had many songs repeat 2-3 times in a given day, and a handful of songs come up at least once a day, every day often twice.

To add to this, the shuffle algorithm often seems to find the same "path" through songs when changing devices, i.e. if I transfer from playing on the Google Home to over bluetooth in the car, the first few times shuffling will have the same few songs in order as at some point in the shuffle "path" with the Home.

1 Reply

Spotify + Google Home = Absolute Mess.

It feels all playlists with more than a couple of songs, are too much to handle for the shuffling algorithm. This is ridiculous, neither Spotify nor Google as huge digital companies can manage a simple randomizer algorithm... And this is going on for YEARS without being addressed. From Google it's always "That's a Spotify problem" and from Spotify it's always "a Google problem".

Get your stuff together and for the love of your user base just make it work... 

Another thing is Spotify on a Google Nest Hub. Play a song by voice command and EVERY song that comes after that one will show the exact same time/length of the first song. Come on. Every computer science fresher can do better...

Suggested posts