Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle mode deactivates automatically after choosing a song from the library/playlist

Shuffle mode deactivates automatically after choosing a song from the library/playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

OnePlus 5

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I start playing music by pressing on shuffle listen green button at top. Everything's fine so far. Then, after selecting a specific song from the library or playlist, the shuffle mode turns off automatically. I've got to press shuffle button at bottom of now playing to make it back on. I know that's no big deal, but I've been using Spotify for many years and I never had to keep turning on shuffle mode after selecting a song, so why the change? Thank you for the consideration.

4 Replies

I have the opposite, it turns ON automatically when i select a new song. I saw a lot of issues related to shuffle recently. Turning off automatically, playing only fiorst 100 songs, etc..

Hey @brianelete,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

It seems that your issue is a bit different than the OP.

Can you let us know if this is happening on your mobile or on all apps? If it's happening on your mobile, check if the Shuffle icon, next to the big green Play button is grayed out(off) before playing any songs from a playlist. If it's grayed out it shouldn't shuffle play.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

OnePlus 9 playlist shuffle issue:

I'm having the same issue in the Spotify app on the newest version of android 12 (My OnePlus 9 released 2021). Every time you select a song from a playlist it enables shuffle and you can't listen to any playlists in order. Been like this for about a month now. About to switch to Tidal unfortunately

Hey @Jesse_goynes,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

I'd recommend a clean reinstall of the app. You can follow this Spotify Guide for best results. 

After that is done, make sure that the Shuffle button is not enabled. 

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts