Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Shuffle turns ON automatically when selecting new song from the playlist

[Android] Shuffle turns ON automatically when selecting new song from the playlist

Issue: 

Shuffle mode turns on automatically when selecting new song from the playlist.

Steps to reproduce:

I had the shuffle turned off and selected a new song from the same playlist, now the shuffle mode is on, without me pressing the shuffle button.

Device: Google Pixel 4a

Spotify Version: 8.7.8.1206

I see a lot of other issues reported related to shuffle, please look into this and fix the app! It's not a major issue but it is annoying.

2 Replies

there is a shuffle button on the playlist itself! no issue then. i didnt notice it until now..

Hey @brianelete

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

Would you mind sending us a screen recording of the behavior you're describing (Shuffle turning on automatically)? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor or upload it to a different platform and send us the link to it.

Additionally, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your phone.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts