Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Shuffle not working properly

Shuffle not working properly

I scroll through my liked songs, and I play a song. 

I watch shuffle get enabled in front of my eyes *even though I explicitly disabled it*.

I disable shuffle.

It completely forgets the fact I played a song halfway through liked songs, and the queue starts from the top.

Aggravated, I play the song again.

I watch shuffle get enabled in front of my eyes *even though I explicitly disabled it*.

I disable shuffle.

It completely forgets the fact I played a song halfway through liked songs, and the queue starts from the top.

And the cycle continues...

Either this is a bug, or it's malware.

Pixel 6, Spotify premium

1 Reply

Hey @mahervelous,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

If the above doesn't do the trick, we'd like to gather some additional info. Just to confirm, is this just happening when playing content saved on your Liked Songs playlist or does it happen no matter what playlist you choose to play? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected device, along with the Spotify version you're running there?

Lastly, can you replicate that same behavior on a different mobile device? It'd be awesome if you could check. If possible, you can also send us a video recording of what's happening on your side. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts