Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle turn on by itself when connected to car.

Shuffle turn on by itself when connected to car.

When connected to car spotify gets crazy, at first no matter the status of shuffle it turns it on by itself. The second matter is that sometimes the music stops playing for seconds and gets back but with the shuffle turn on again. Also when skip or previous song with car controls it turns it back on. Finally when disable it through the app when the current sonf finished it stop playing music, so you need to select again a song.
3 Replies

Hey there @Drurpp,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

In this case, we'd like to check, have you tried some troubleshooting steps to see if you notice any changes in this behavior? If you haven't, it might be worth:

• Performing a clean reinstall of the app on your mobile device. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure some damaged cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.
  • Making sure your device's OS is up-to-date. 

If this should persist after that, we'd like to gather some additional info:

• Would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of your mobile device along with the Spotify version you're running there?
  • Please send us more info about how you connect your cellphone to your car. Do you use Bluetooth? AUX/USB cable? Android Auto?
  • We'd also like to know if it's always behaved like that or if this behavior started after a specific event/OS update.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi @AlejaR,

I've done some troubleshooting, and it didn't help.

My phone is SM-S928B on Android 14, OneUi 6.1, April 2024 patch. My spotify version is 8.9.40.509.

I connect through Bluetooth.

This has happened ever since I have this phone.

Hey @Drurpp,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather further info. We really appreciate all your help. So, does this happen if you connect:

• Your mobile device to a different Bluetooth device, such as a speaker or headphones?
  • Your phone to your car through AUX/USB cable?
  • A different mobile device to your car? You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account there, connect it to your car and check.

Now, it'd be awesome if you could send us:

• More info about your built-in stereo car unit. 
  • A video recording of the behavior in which we can see when Shuffle turns on, and the music stops. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts