Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I recently compiled a playlist and saved it to my device. Everything played fine for a while and then I noticed that when I would hook my phone up to headphones or speakers, there was a strange distortion to the music, it sounded compressed and like it was underwater. It's only this app and only songs on this playlist. If I go to the artist page and find the song there it is also distorted. I restarted my phone, cleared my cache, installed and unintalled the app, turned off normalization in settings, I did everything I could think of and it still sounds weird. How do I fix this? 

2 Replies

Hey @dextroaether, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Did this start happening after an app or OS update? What Spotify version are you running?

Do you have the same issue if you log into a different device with similar specs? You can also try creating a new account and listening to the tracks on the new account to see if it sounds the same.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @dextroaether.

Just to confirm, is this happening while you're online and streaming, or if you're Offline using the songs you've downloaded?

In the meantime, I suggest checking the audio quality settings for both streaming and downloading to make sure they aren't set to a low quality.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts