Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Added to liked playlist being added in a random order?

Songs Added to liked playlist being added in a random order?

Plan

Premium

Country

u.k.

Device

huwawei p20 pro

Operating System

android 

My Question or Issue

not happy with the new things that have happenend with spotify recently but hey it is what it is and i can work around most of it.

However one thing i feel is a massive oversite is that when i "like" or add an album to that playlist it comes in randomized !

cant tell if this is something to do with my device or android version but i can see the album in my list on desktop and it is in the correct order, its only on my phone that  it is displaying randomly. 

not just for one album either ( i always tend to throw the entire album in my library ) all are still there and grouped by album when sorted by recently added but on my phone the tracks are shuffled within the album.

bit odd and kinda annoying as i tend to listen on shuffle but turn it off when it hits an album i especially enjoy (this works well when driving as i only need to jab one button ) 

any help would be much appreciated but i feel this might not be accidental and might be part of the new update

cheers

sstu

2 Replies

Hey @rcmonkey,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

How is the playlist that you've added the album's songs to sorted? You can check this by clicking on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner and tapping on Sort playlist.

Keep us posted 🙂

i just replyed via the email link that was sent to me but it was not to this reply did you delete the original one did you still want screen shots?? ?

as per my original message i have it sorted by recently added as i always have

ill add some photos of what im talking about with a recently added albumb and one i added back in 2014 .Screenshot_20190710_143045_com.spotify.music.jpgScreenshot_20190710_141158_com.spotify.music.jpgimage.pngimage (1).png

Suggested posts