Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Motorola E6s

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

When I have a playlist already downloaded and I activate the "smart shuffle" mode, the recommended songs start downloading; I don't know if this is normal. Using Spotify 8.8.82.634

Video

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5-xDfkf8GLs

As you can see, at the beginning of the video the playlist is already downloaded. When I activate the "smart shuffle" mode, the recommended songs of that mode start downloading; when I deactivate it, the songs stop downloading (but the downloaded songs remain, since when I activate it again, the counter continues where it was previously left).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @aematsubara,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Unfortunately, we couldn't visualize the video you kindly sent us. In this case, we'd like to confirm this is expected behavior. When you've downloaded a playlist and you add new songs to it, those start to download immediately if you're connected to internet. Similar to this, Smart Shuffle adds recommended songs to your playlists. So, when the feature is active on a downloaded playlist, recommendations will be downloaded.

This is similar to the behavior you can see when you download a Daily Mix. That playlist updates regularly, so if it's downloaded when the system adds new songs, those will be downloaded once you get an internet connection.

Just to confirm, are you having issues when trying to listen to your playlist when they're downloaded? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @aematsubara,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Unfortunately, we couldn't visualize the video you kindly sent us. In this case, we'd like to confirm this is expected behavior. When you've downloaded a playlist and you add new songs to it, those start to download immediately if you're connected to internet. Similar to this, Smart Shuffle adds recommended songs to your playlists. So, when the feature is active on a downloaded playlist, recommendations will be downloaded.

This is similar to the behavior you can see when you download a Daily Mix. That playlist updates regularly, so if it's downloaded when the system adds new songs, those will be downloaded once you get an internet connection.

Just to confirm, are you having issues when trying to listen to your playlist when they're downloaded? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Ohh I see, in this case there is no problem then. Everything works perfectly, I just wasn't sure if this was normal. Thank you!

Suggested posts