Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs grayed on a playlist but not on an album?

Solved!

Songs grayed on a playlist but not on an album?

I tried to listen to this playlist but some of the songs are grayed out, which I thought might be from country restrictions or whatnot. It doesn't show up on the Spotify app (I'm a Premium user), but when I clicked on the link and it showed up on the web browser page, all the tracks showed up so I concluded it wasn't a country restriction problem.

When I go to the playlist on desktop, it looks like this with some of the songs grayed out:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 7.46.24 pm.png

And when I click into the album from the playlist, the songs are grayed out like this:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 7.47.06 pm.png

But I can access these songs when I try to search for the album and go to it, I even have it saved and can listen to the songs.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 7.47.27 pm.png

What's going on here and is there a solution for this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oops, you're right, sorry 🙂

I get the same thing - eventually 🙂 I blame the label  - there is one version released in US and canada and has a different URI from the worldwide identical release. music licensing is such a mess!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi. Several possibiities spring to mind but if you could post the spotify URI for the playlist, I'll take a look. Thanks.

It's up in the original post, but here it is again:

https://open.spotify.com/user/bighitktm/playlist/2nKFSE6yJw9Xh2uDKzwmZb

That's the Advice album but I was after the playlist.

It's got a lot of the Kehlani album songs on it, but that's actually the playlist LOL if you scroll a little further there are other songs on it that I can see but I can't get to play on either my desktop or my mobile Spotify (while I'm on the playlist, but it's fine if I switch around to the albums of the songs themselves)

Marked as solution

Oops, you're right, sorry 🙂

I get the same thing - eventually 🙂 I blame the label  - there is one version released in US and canada and has a different URI from the worldwide identical release. music licensing is such a mess!

Ah, alright, thanks for the reply!

Suggested posts