Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

app update has bugs: menu won't work

app update has bugs: menu won't work

My Spotify app (for Android) recently automatically updated but the menu buttons don't work (as in the 3 vertical dots button). When you tap it the options such as "go to artist" "add up to next" "remove song" etc show but when you touch any of them the pop up/menu just disappears and nothing happens. This happens regardless of whether it's the menu button at the top right of the screen, or a the menu button next to an individual track etc. Very frustrating! And I am a premium member. I can do almost nothing until it's fixed, I want to be able to revert one update on the app until the update had been​ fixed so that I can still manage my music while they address the problem.
11 Replies

Hey @muzician4, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you have one active, can you try disabling your blue light filter? For some reason, these seem to interfere with the most recent Spotify update right now.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Not OP, but I had the same problem, and that fixed it! Thanks! (Although it does suck that I have to quickly turn it off and back on.)

I cant believe!! It s work!! Thank you

My phone doesn't have a bluelight filter. However, i do have a keep awake type app (Wakey) that keeps the phone screen on while Spotify is running. Would this prevent the Spotify menu from working?

same here i have htc one m7 and the menus dont work for me afte the last update 

I found that basically any third party app that messes with your screen in some way will cause the menu not to work. You have to disable the app for Spotify when it's running. For example , this keep awake app called Wakey that keeps the phone screen on when inactive.

This page explains in a lot more detail how to identify apps which have permission to overlay the screen and how to revoke that permission.

So is spotify gonna fix this, because Im not gonna turn of my filter for every button press.

You can read what Spotify said about this here.

Ok, the latest update fixed it for me 🙂

Same here. Not more menu problems. I can keep using my screen wake app with no issues on Spotify.

Suggested posts