Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep skipping whenever connected to Google Home and/or Chromecast

Solved!

Songs keep skipping whenever connected to Google Home and/or Chromecast

I have an LG G6, Google Home and Google Chromecast. Whenever I connect and play to my Google extensions, songs skip 1 second after another and I do not hear anything but they are playing on the app. When I play it directly from my phone it works properly. I've factory reset the Google Home and my Spotify app. Please take a look at it. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE:

Haven't gotten an update from Google yet - But I tried to play something on my TV (Google Cast), and ended up playing music properly, no skipping or tracking. Assuming Google was right about the Spotify server, they seemed to fix the issue OTA. Everyone that was having problems, try it and see if it was fixed. Hope it works out for everyone else!

Happy streaming!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I have the same issue when casting to a google Home from Spotify on my iPhone, as well as from a web player on my Mac. 

It will skip three songs after playing each for one second, then appear to continue to play even though there is no sound coming from the google Home speaker. 

Tried a soft reset, factory reset, unlinking then re linking my account to no avail. 

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Same problem here  have no issues with casting with other applications. TuneIn for example. Was the android app updated lately?

Hi Twongy,

Thanks for the reply!

I contacted Google Home customer service, and apparently they have been
receiving complaints with this and are currently working on it. I gave them
my information such as the firmware/system version and phone model/make and
they would contact me when the issue is addressed. I did mention that my
girlfriend's phone (Samsung S8) worked properly. They said there may be an
issue with the Spotify server.

I'll keep you all posted as I get updates from Google Home customer service.

Hi Jspeksch,

Yes, I actually updated all my apps just recently so that could be an issue
as well.

Hi Chadwicked

Thanks so much for the update. I’m glad it’s not just me 🙂

Fingers crossed that it’s resolved soon!

Thanks!

Its acctually really annoying, because i thought it was spotify connect that was broken but, its google home 

I guesse we don't know if it's Google home or Spotify. I can't cast to my Google chromecast audio either. Other apps cast normally so I don't know. 

Running into the same issue. Very frustrating. Just started to act up a week or so ago. Everytime I cast to the Home from Spotify it just starts to skip songs, or says it is playing but nothing comes from the Home.

The same thing i shappening to me while doing simple Bluetooth connection in my car. The song plays and after a random time skips to some other song...

I'm on the verge of canceling my subscription!

Marked as solution

UPDATE:

Haven't gotten an update from Google yet - But I tried to play something on my TV (Google Cast), and ended up playing music properly, no skipping or tracking. Assuming Google was right about the Spotify server, they seemed to fix the issue OTA. Everyone that was having problems, try it and see if it was fixed. Hope it works out for everyone else!

Happy streaming!

Jup working again! 

All good now, Spotify is back casting normally.

Thank you Chadwicked for the update!

Suggested posts