Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Galaxy note 8

Operating System

(Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

So there are a couple of songs that I want to specificaly listen to that are not grayed out or unplayable songs but when I click on them it just doesn't play. I have tried reinstalling, logging out all devices, ect. Seemingly tried everything but the songs wont play. Specifically Part II by Paramore and Frank Currath by Funky Knuckles 

7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Jack 🙂

Alrighty thank you for the suggestion!! Sadly it did not work, the songs I have had trouble with not playing are still there. Again they are not grayed out and show every sign like they should be working. My phone software is Android version 9 and my version of spotify is 8.5.4.770

Hopefully another solution is available 

Hey again,

Can you also try clearing your cache and data in the settings of the Spotify app.

Jack

Ugh just tried that and to no avail. Same songs are still not working 😞 

Could it be an account issue?

Hey again,

It could be a device or Spotify issue, I just have to determine which it is.

Try these options and let me know if any work:
-Try different connection, WiFi & 3G/4G
-There is a minimum of 500MB of free space.
-If there are any cache-clearing, task killing or battery optimization apps on the device, make sure Spotify is set as an exception.
-The device isn't rooted.
-If there's an SD card on their Android device, it's formatted as portable and isn't encrypted. If possible, try another SD card or installing again the app without one.

If none help, try a different device and tell me if you can play those songs on that device.

Jack 🙂

Hey Jack, update-still not working. Kind of just gave up because I got annoyed too much at it not working but if you have any more suggestions I'm open ears. I just wanna listen to my Fake happy by Paramore. All my songs I complained about play on the spotify on my ps4 but I logged into another phone and I still have the same problems. It's like it's just on mobile. 

Hey again @Iloy2016 got it touch with a Spotify Moderator and might be able to try something else,

What happens exactly when you try to play these specific songs? Do you see an error of some sort? If you could send a screenshot over, that would be great.

Also make sure that you are logged in to the same account on your PS4 as you are on your phone. You can do so by logging out and logging back in again on their PS4 using their credentials, and then trying to play those songs again.

If playing those songs now doesn't work on the PS4 as well as those two phones they mentioned, then it's most likely an account issue.

Let me know,

Jack 🙂

Suggested posts