Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorite/Liked Songs not syncing to phone.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy Note 5Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 Nougat My Question or IssueI have more music saved(liked/favorited) on my desktop app, but they are not showing up in the "Liked Songs" playlist on my Note 5 Mobile app. I'...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy Note 5 Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat   My Question or Issue I have more music saved(liked/favorited) on my desktop app, but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution A way to automatically turn Spotify off after some time?

Is there any way, and if not - is there any official wishlist thread - so I could make Spotify stop playing music after some time (say: 2 hours)? Reason is very simple - I tend to play music when going to sleep, and it would be great if it stopped af...

• Gig Goer
  • Is there any way, and if not - is there any official wishlist thread - so I could make Spotify stop playing music after some time (say: 2 hours)?   Reason is very simple - I tend to play mus...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 52 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 52 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No audio over Bluetooth in car - song "plays" but no sound?

Hi everyone, I just installed Spotify (the new version with the UI overhaul) on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 Android smartphone (running 2.3.4). The app works great with headphones, but when I tried using the app in my car with my phone paired to the ca...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone,   I just installed Spotify (the new version with the UI overhaul) on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 Android smartphone (running 2.3.4). The app works great with headphones, but when ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 61 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Tinder won't link to account

So, I go to Edit Profile. Click the "Add to my account/Link to tinder". It goes to a loading wheel for a few seconds, and then a blank white screen forever.

• Regular
  • So, I go to Edit Profile. Click the "Add to my account/Link to tinder". It goes to a loading wheel for a few seconds, and then a blank white screen forever.
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Tinder
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

classifying songs is a mess!!

PlanPremiumCountryColombiaDeviceHuawei P10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueAfter the new update, classifying songs is now a mess! I get that y'all are trying to develop some kind of algorithm, but for someone like me that has 170+...

• Plan Premium Country Colombia Device Huawei P10 Lite Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue After the new update, classifying songs is now a mess! I get that y'all are try...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot use the Search feature or view albums

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDeviceSamsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J510FN)Operating SystemAndroid NougatMy Question or IssueWhenever I open the Search tab on my phone it shows an error saying 'Sorry, something went wrong. That didn't work. Please have another go...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J510FN) Operating System Android Nougat My Question or Issue Whenever I open the Search tab on my phone it shows an error saying '...
  • Krycer
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

black screen on certain artists

My Question or Issue Hi, I have spotify on my amazon fire tablet and have never had a problem until yesterday. wneh I click on a band who ~I have a lot of songs for eg Manic Street Preachers 173, I click on them and all I get is a blank black screen....

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue   Hi, I have spotify on my amazon fire tablet and have never had a problem until yesterday. wneh I click on a band who ~I have a lot of songs for eg Manic Street P...
  • Chibyk
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Saving album not working correctly

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSince the last 2 weeks im not able to save an album to my songs like i did before. The save album button just doesnt do anything. I have to manually save the songs ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Since the last 2 weeks im not able to save an album to my songs like i did before. The s...
  • QualiAwe
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • album
    Android
    saving
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Genre Radio Error Message.

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or IssueHey there, when I go to a Genre and hit the radio button, genre radio starts to play but when I press the "GENRE RADIO FOR" on the top of the screen I have an error ...

Untitl5416ed.jpg
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Greece Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey there, when I go to a Genre and hit the radio button, genre radio starts to play but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • genre
    Genre Radio
    Radio
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Multiple artists with the same name

he None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDeviceXiaomiOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Hello friends, multiple artists with the same n...

• Regular
  • he None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country  Israel Device Xiaomi Operating System Andr...
  • beano12
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Close Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSo when I’m using Spotify, and my phone locks, I attempt to close Spotify by unlocking my phone, swiping down from the home screen, where I can se...

•   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue So when I’m using Spotify, and my phone locks, I attempt ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music still lagging

I placed the app in unmonitored but it's still lagging. However, I doesnt lag when I'm listening on my phone speaker, only through headphones. Help?Operating System Android galaxy s8

• Casual Listener
  • I placed the app in unmonitored but it's still lagging. However, I doesnt lag when I'm listening on my phone speaker, only through headphones. Help? Operating System   Android galaxy s8 &nbs...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The Repeat Button is Back!

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA DevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 9Spotify App Version 8.4.97.807 A few months ago I posted this thread complaining that the repeat button had been removed from the main playing screen, and hidden behind the dots. This mo...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android 9 Spotify App Version 8.4.97.807   A few months ago I posted this thread complaining that the repeat button had...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Images in the app won't load

PlanPremiumDeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroid Oreo (8.0)My Question or Issue Images in the app won't load, I have a stable Wi-Fi connection. Album covers are also missing, but those were available previously even when I'm offline since I have do...

• Plan Premium Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android Oreo (8.0) My Question or Issue   Images in the app won't load, I have a stable Wi-Fi connection. Album covers are also missi...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to download a compilation album without saving it into my library?

PlanPremiumCountryVietnamMy Question or IssueI want to only download the Greatest Hits by Queen but it keeps saving the whole album into my library.

• Plan Premium Country Vietnam My Question or Issue I want to only download the Greatest Hits by Queen but it keeps saving the whole album into my library. 
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Partnerships] Samsung Gear Support - Tizen 4.0.0.2 upgrade Spotify disappears

Plan: Spotify PremiumCountry: Iceland Device: Samsung Gear Sport S3. Tizen 4.0.0.2Hi,After the new Tizen version 4.0.0.2 upgrade installed on my Samsung Gear Sport S3 (connected with Samsung S9), the Spotify app was deleted from the Gear and is also ...

• Plan: Spotify Premium Country: Iceland  Device: Samsung Gear Sport S3. Tizen 4.0.0.2 Hi, After the new Tizen version 4.0.0.2 upgrade installed on my Samsung Gear Sport S3 (connected with Sam...
  • robinkeski
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Massive battery drain

I've read topics about this already, but they are old for over years and still this haven't been fixed? I saw that it's some kind of 'Spotify Connect' service that drains it so much but, force stopping in settimgs appareantly fixes this but only when...

• Casual Listener
  • I've read topics about this already, but they are old for over years and still this haven't been fixed? I saw that it's some kind of 'Spotify Connect' service that drains it so much but, force stoppi...
  • olsarxd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

How to sync an existing offline song playlist list to Spotify

Hi,I have few offline songs that has been copied from a CD that I bought on to my mobile. How can I create a playlist of those songs so that I can listen to them in Spotify online. I know I can play each one of them, then do Shazam and connect Shazam...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi, I have few offline songs that has been copied from a CD that I bought on to my mobile. How can I create a playlist of those songs so that I can listen to them in Spotify online. I know I...
  • SV248
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer missing in Android 9

I updated my phone to Android 9 and equalizer disappeared from Spotify. How do I get it back? I'm running Nokia 5 in Czech republic.

• Casual Listener
  •   I updated my phone to Android 9 and equalizer disappeared from Spotify. How do I get it back? I'm running Nokia 5 in Czech republic. 
  • MVRV
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't recognize microSD

I have read all the forums and blog posts on how to trick Spotify to recignize micro SD for offline storage.https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/SD-card-isn-t-being-recognized-by-spotify/m-p/4559002?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&q=micro...

• I have read all the forums and blog posts on how to trick Spotify to recignize micro SD for offline storage. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/SD-card-isn-t-being-recognized-by-spotify/m-p/45...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes