Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs randomly stop and app plays a "Hype playlist" I never listened to

Songs randomly stop and app plays a "Hype playlist" I never listened to

Plan

Premium

Country

Germnay

Device

Redmi Note 7 & Samsung J5

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have two smartphones which I am using (work related) and when I am using one phone to listen to a selected song or playlist or album and Spotify is open on the other phone (although in the background), the song stop randomly (sometimes after a couples seconds sometimes after 2 minutes) and a "Hype playlist" starts playing instead.

It happened many times in the last weeks and once it has happen I usualy stop using Spotify because it just bothers me and out of nowhere the music from the "Hype playlist" just restart on a new song, although I stop the music on both phone ... Very problematic especialy when I unplug my headphones because I got too bothered and stop listening but the music restarts 2-3 minutes later on this explicit rap playlist on loudspeaker while I'm in my office ...

The only work around I found so far is that I have to force stop the spotify app on both my phone via the task manager and then restarts the app on one.

2 Replies

Hey @-Max-.

Thanks for reacing out to us about this.

First, we'd like to gather some more information on this:

• Does this only happen when you have the app running on both phones simultaneously?
  • Do you see any other external devices connected to your account via Connect?
  • After restarting the app on your phone, how long does the issue disappear for?

Once we have that info, we'll be able to take a closer look at this 😉

Hey Peter,

• Does this only happen when you have the app running on both phones simultaneously? 
    • Yes this is what is triggering it and it keeps happening until I have force closed the app on both phone.
  • Do you see any other external devices connected to your account via Connect?
    • No
  • After restarting the app on your phone, how long does the issue disappear for?
    • Once I have closed the app on both phone then restarted it on one, the issue is gone until I restart the app on the second phone.

Suggested posts